Thread: Anschutz Mod 250

Anschutz Mod 250

The Anschutz 250 I have had now for over forty years recently noticed it has a hair line split in the stock

Any one able to repair it and even though... in spite of not being fired ! Could service it for me, prior to me putting it up for sale

The metal blueing is as new :

Email me for more details

ATB
    abewilson.
    ''The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens''
    Baha'u'llah 1817-1892.

service

hi, was in a similar situation earlier in the year but with two..had one repaired/serviced before sale ,££ and hassle just wasn't worth the effort. sold the other. the service bits alone was well over £100, if I remember correctly service parts ,service then p&p came close to £225 then the stock repair with sympathetic re-finish p&p £160. when its added up all together and look around at what a "straight one" seems to sell for unless you can fix-it-up yourself or get "mates rates" in my experience and opinion its a no brainer.please don't take this as a kick in the teeth reply just my personal experience and opinion, atb gc**.

Anschutz 250

Much appreciated for your views g93 having it as long as I have has some sentimental value which means I will not give it away or be inclined to break it up suppose I am a old softie

There are some interests in the rifle and my asking price as it is was... £175 collected or new owner pays post and my packaging No offers...

There are members on here that know if the goods are not to their satisfaction they can be returned and I will pay postage !

Who knows I may have to keep it a few more years

ATB
    abewilson.
    Baha'u'llah 1817-1892.

sentimental

hi, I know where you're coming from with sentiments, i've at least half a dozen still after thinning out over the last 8 years or so. sounds like "wipe it over and put it away till next time" .
    atb gc93...

Angry Anschutz 250

Hi gc93

Made a promise to my better half that I would sell my guns a few years ago and I am keeping my promise

Just realised that the Anschutz has been in my possession over 30 years not 40 The serial number is 087954.

Apart from the silver pellet port being a little tarnished reluctant to try cleaning it, the barrel blueing is almost as new The stock has light marks but over all varnish is very good.

The Anschutz has always had my attention because of its mechanism the hydraulic piston ...and the mechanical trigger action which is over 15 inches long, seemed out of this world in a complicated simplistic way....I was only a collector many years ago and I thought I was verging on being a genius when I dismantled and put together a hw rekord trigger assembly

I know, I know ... they have invented the Wheel since then .. But you cant take away the feeling I had then.

ATB
    abewilson.
    Baha'u'llah 1817-1892.

Quote Originally Posted by abewilson View Post
    Much appreciated for your views g93 having it as long as I have has some sentimental value which means I will not give it away or be inclined to break it up suppose I am a old softie

There are some interests in the rifle and my asking price as it is was... £175 collected or new owner pays post and my packaging No offers...

There are members on here that know if the goods are not to their satisfaction they can be returned and I will pay postage !

Who knows I may have to keep it a few more years

ATB
    I love these rifles after servicing one for an RFD and having fun shooting it. I still have a spare set of the special seals for the hydraulic damping unit because I had to buy 4. They look a bit intimidating when you start stripping but they are not bad, the fancy trigger assembly comes off in a complete unit without breaking it in parts. I used power steering fluid to fill the damper. Are you going to the Kempton Park Fair ?

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Anschutz 250

Hi Baz

No I won't be going my interest in buying has past now

ATB
    abewilson.
    Baha'u'llah 1817-1892.