Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kempton Oct 15th

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by deejayuu View Post
    Briliant Peter.I'm bound to find a FWB 124 barrel if I could only attend them all
    Got a 127 barrel here if you come over all manly
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

pjbingham is offline My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays
    24 hours to go bump

micky2 is online now The collector formerly known as micky
    Good luck to all buyers and sellers tomorrow, hope you all have a good day.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Morning all @ Kempton (God Bless mobile devises), how is it all going? Good I hope.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

A very good morning
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Another triumph for Binners. A very nice Mars 115 and a Greener martini action 12 bore that was a bargain now in my cabinet.

Could easily have spent more but in enough trouble as it is

Well I have to say I enjoyed my first Kempton arms fair. I had no real target items apart from a hankering for an HW45 if the price is right and to see if anything else caught my eye.
    I have just been having a little plink in the garage with my new to me HW45 and really think I should have got one sooner
    It (the fair) cured an annoying itch I have had for a while nagging me to get a Benjamin/Sheridan pumper. They were not as appealing to me in the flesh as they have been in the virtual world.
    I also picked up a couple of little accessories and met a few fellow BBSers. All in all very interesting so thanks to Binners for having the balls to get this going.
    Rich
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

pjbingham is offline My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays
    Fantastic event,even better this time round if that was possible. Walked away with some great buys, chatted to a few people, looking forward to the next!
    A big thank you to Binners for having the balls to do something like this,Atb Phil

Just got back and what an amazing day. With the success of the initial fair, it was hard to envisage it could be bettered but what a stunning fair this was. There were even more airguns than the last fair and this time, there were more antique firearms, which truly offered something for everyone. In fact as far as choice is concerned, this was on a par with the high end fairs such as London. Way more for airgunners than any other fair but also plenty for antiqye gun collectors such as cased revolvers, duellers, Travelling pistols, etc.

I saw at least 6 Crosman 160 rifles including a 2nd variant, which I have been looking for, for some time, so that was one I could not say no to.

I also saw a real rarity - Troubledshooter at a fair. Now that was a real first and I'm glad he made the journey

It was great to meet up with so many collectors, many of whom were from the BBS and I wish there had been more time for an even longer natter!

Binners, thank you and Liz for doing what could be seen as impossible: organising an even better fair than the first KP.

John

A great day out

Just got back to Essex after spending few hours and pounds. Really enjoyed the visit and so glad Binners has made these events available. The format it great, people friendly and bargains to be had. I also learnt a lot from the knowledgable people who were there and who were happy to share their knowledge .

Will be saving up for the next one!

It was certainly a worthwhile Journey to my first ever arms fair, and congratulations are due to Peter and Liz for organizing such an excellent gathering.
    I went with the sole intention of putting faces to names, and it was a pleasure to meet some of those names, but I missed several people I would really have liked to meet, such as Richard H and Dave Lewis.
    I went with no intention of buying anything, as I'm trying to dispose of my collection, not add to it, but I did purchase a couple of non Webley items that I can make use of.

Here's a link to a scan of the dates for the 2018 Kempton Park Arms Fairs: Kempton Park Arms Fairs
    Last edited by Troubledshooter; 15-10-2017 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Additional Information.

Graham2 is offline Slightly camp, makes decent chilli, and has a box of tissues and a can of 3 In 1 in the gun room
    I had a great time and it was great to meet up with Binners again!

Loads to see and buy with a great selection of goodies and I came back with some more magazines for my collection - metal boxes for rifle, MG and SMG ammo, not paper mags.

Well done Pete, I can't wait for the next one!
    Not camp, Gary just wishes I were!

Great event, I really enjoyed myself today and picked up a nice original Webley Omega carbine.

Thanks Binners, I'll be there at the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmax View Post
    Great event, I really enjoyed myself today and picked up a nice original Webley Omega carbine.

Thanks Binners, I'll be there at the next one.
    Funilly enough I had a look at quite a few Omegas there, but they were either a little pricey or a little tatty - you must have got the nice one

On the plus side I did come away with a very fairly priced BSA standard, in my prefered "original but nothing like mint" condition, so I can shoot 'em without worry !

Excellent!

Thumbs up from me too, another brilliant day all round, so big thanks to Pete and Liz. So that's two Kempton fairs and twice I've prised the wallet open. Habit forming innit!
    I'm told there was a Daisy BB doublebarrel, possibly a model 21 or similar so does anyone know what it sold for please?

many thanks Carl