Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kempton Oct 15th

Kempton park

A great day , bought some bits and sold some bits, a big thanks to Mr and Mrs Binners , roll on the next one.
    Rgds Kev

Quote Originally Posted by le frelon View Post
    Thumbs up from me too, another brilliant day all round, so big thanks to Pete and Liz. So that's two Kempton fairs and twice I've prised the wallet open. Habit forming innit!
    I'm told there was a Daisy BB doublebarrel, possibly a model 21 or similar so does anyone know what it sold for please?

many thanks Carl
    Hi Carl,

I saw that and it looked to be in very nice condition. No idea what it sold for but I did take some images of the gun along with quite a few other items. Peter will place the images on his website in due course or perhaps a select few as I clicked the shutter over 200 times There was so much to see.

Kind regards,

John

Excellent day Pete, and many thanks for your help. It's a pity all the fairs I go to are not so well organised.
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

Grand day out Pete.
    Many thanks

Another great fair, nice to catch up with a few people, have a browse and take a couple of items home with me, no big purchases this time but a couple of nice items and a book I've been after for a while, Well worth the trip and will be back in March, Cheers Pete
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    I missed several people I would really have liked to meet, such as Richard H
    Would have been good to catch up finally....

I was the fella in the tweed jacket under the 2 metre high banner with my name on it all day

Outstanding event though, great to meet so many old and new customers.

Pete has done an amazing job for the collecting fraternity.
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    Got a 127 barrel here if you come over all manly
    All you have to do now is sleeve it .177 and we're away

Sounds like a great day out - would love to have come down - but unfortunately been waiting for a payment for weeks now so funds are low at the moment

I did hear word that there was going to be a couple of Bsa Military Patterns there - What were they like and how much were they please ?
    Cheers
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

Quote Originally Posted by silva View Post
    I did hear word that there was going to be a couple of Bsa Military Patterns there - What were they like and how much were they please ?
    Cheers
    Refinished one on the stand next to me at £3300
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by silva View Post
    Sounds like a great day out - would love to have come down - but unfortunately been waiting for a payment for weeks now so funds are low at the moment

Cheers
    One was refinished as Richard explained - it was fitted with a dummy non original magazine, which enhanced its appearance somewhat. I first saw this rifle at Birmingham earlier this year, when it was priced at £5,000. I know the seller enjoys a joke and I remember saying I wouldn't pay 10% of that price due to the high gloss finish. Looks like the price is steadily decreasing but it has a long way to go yet!

The other one was in original used condition, which was way more preferable. It sold within an hour but I'm not sure how much for. The rifle's new owner seemed pleased as punch when he told me what he had bought. I photographed both and no doubt Binners will host pics on the show's website in due course.

Kind regards,

John

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    Funilly enough I had a look at quite a few Omegas there, but they were either a little pricey or a little tatty - you must have got the nice one

On the plus side I did come away with a very fairly priced BSA standard, in my prefered "original but nothing like mint" condition, so I can shoot 'em without worry !
    The metalwork is very clean and unmarked, however, the stock's the thing that lets it down with a number of scratches and dinks, nothing I can't sort out though. I might look out for a walnut stock for it.

It's got the original metal Webley silencer as well and what a well built rifle it is.
    Last edited by Blackmax; 16-10-2017 at 07:01 AM.

It is good to sell stuff but I don't seem to get time to have a real look round!

I saw no Richard H or Mil Patts.
    I met and shared my chips with Troubledshooter who beat me to a nicely customised pistol!

I went back to see Lawrie as I had my eye on something nice but he'd gone home.

Spoke to Pete who was looking suitably knackered having been there until 3am the night before.

More youngsters around than usual I thought.

Thanks to Vic and Kevin for long range deals completed.
    And to Coburn for sharing my table and taking the strain!
    Baz constant friend ,driver and airgun engineer without whom I would have a lot of broken junk to sell.

I would just like to add my sincere thanks to all concerned with the organisation of this superb event and especially to Pete for his untiring efforts on our behalf.

It was a bit like Danny Garvin's on-line collectors magazine in that I couldn't imagine that the next issue could surpass the first, but it did which which seems to be the way this show is heading.

I saw a few very rare items including an Anson's Star air pistol which I believe was brought to show another collector rather than being for immediate sale. The pistol had an incorrect pellet seater and wasn't in the best cosmetic condition, but still nice to see another example of this ultra rare pistol.

For those interested, there will be an Arms Fair held in association with the Bisley Trafalgar next weekend as usual, but support from the trade doesn't look so strong and I doubt it will come anywhere near the standard set by the Kempton Park event.

Already counting down the days until the next show.

Regards
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    I would just like to add my sincere thanks to all concerned with the organisation of this superb event and especially to Pete for his untiring efforts on our behalf.

It was a bit like Danny Garvin's on-line collectors magazine in that I couldn't imagine that the next issue could surpass the first, but it did which which seems to be the way this show is heading.

I saw a few very rare items including an Anson's Star air pistol which I believe was brought to show another collector rather than being for immediate sale. The pistol had an incorrect pellet seater and wasn't in the best cosmetic condition, but still nice to see another example of this ultra rare pistol.

For those interested, there will be an Arms Fair held in association with the Bisley Trafalgar next weekend as usual, but support from the trade doesn't look so strong and I doubt it will come anywhere near the standard set by the Kempton Park event.

Already counting down the days until the next show.

Regards
    Brian
    Thanks Brian - I meant to ask Keith if there was a trade fair at the Trafalgar over next weekend but forgot in all the excitement! I'll probably go but after KP, I'm not expecting much.

Kind regards,

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    One was refinished as Richard explained - it was fitted with a dummy non original magazine, which enhanced its appearance somewhat. I first saw this rifle at Birmingham earlier this year, when it was priced at £5,000. I know the seller enjoys a joke and I remember saying I wouldn't pay 10% of that price due to the high gloss finish. Looks like the price is steadily decreasing but it has a long way to go yet!

The other one was in original used condition, which was way more preferable. It sold within an hour but I'm not sure how much for. The rifle's new owner seemed pleased as punch when he told me what he had bought. I photographed both and no doubt Binners will host pics on the show's website in due course.

Kind regards,

John
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    Refinished one on the stand next to me at £3300

Many thanks for the replies - After 20 years of looking for one to come out of the woodwork - I'm starting to think I might have to bite the pellet and cough up for one
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."