Thread: HW 57 Silencer Mod

HW 57 Silencer Mod

Like a challange? Can anyone tell me who can thread the tip of the hw 57 to fit a silencer thanks in advance cheers Dave
    HW 80 .177 Webley Longbow .177 HW 57 .22 BSF 55 .177 BSA Mercury .177 BSA Meteor .22 Diana mod 35 .22

Quote Originally Posted by king don View Post
    Like a challange? Can anyone tell me who can thread the tip of the hw 57 to fit a silencer thanks in advance cheers Dave
    Enquired about this well over a decade ago and was told Sandwell fields sports.did this. Never went ahead with.matters on.my son's 57 and so am unsure how well the result would have been and indeed if they still do this work??
    Dave

Captain Bongo is online now I'm not falling for this again........
    It's an awful lot of work for very little (audible) reward and most people choose not to go ahead when they get a quote. The HW57 will not really benefit from a mod. Most of its noise is from the action and 20 yards down range a mod will not have much of an impact on this.

I fettled one in .177 recently and it was real loud but I couldn't believe that this was normal.
    So I put a sheet of paper over the loading port to find out it was heavily blowing at the front-right.

Out came the loading tray, I polished both faces until they were like a mirror, shimed the front barrel seal with some plastic foil cut out of abt. 0,2 mm thickness (rear seal was fine and quite right a little bit potruding) and greased with some MoS2 - especially the stem of the tray.

The gun was immediately considerable quieter and power got up half fpe to 11,19 (JSB EE 7,9 gr) shooting nicely.
    Though still certainly more noisy than others loudness is acceptable now.
    Muzzle crack is similar to my LGV Comp Ultra.

would this fit? https://www.fishingmegastore.com/wei...-on~18091.html

its for a HW77.

U.K neil used to do them but he has retired now http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ncer-any-ideas