Thread: Benjamin EB22 Moderator Adaptor

Benjamin EB22 Moderator Adaptor

A friend has an EB22 and needs to be able to fit a silencer for Garden Plinking. I used to have an EB20 and UK Neil made a brass adaptor for it that worked fine. I sold the adaptor to my friend who tells me the .20 adaptor will not fit the .22 barrel.
    Before I try and make the .20 adaptor fit by using my Dremel on it, does anyone know of an alternative source for an EB22 moderator adaptor ?

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Hmmmm, I could be wrong, but I have an EB17, EB20, and EB22, all are fitted with the SAME adaptor supplied by UK Neil.

Thought it was only the internal barrel size that was different, I can check for you tommoz if you want though.
    (On the beer tonight!)

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

afaik it was only the early .177 bengy barrels that were a smaller od

Thanks Roy and ped, I too thought all barrels were the same OD, but will be interested in some accurate measurements.

only tried a 20 and a 22 as my 177 is elsewhere but both barrels were .350"

Thanks for that, those are the two calibres in question. I have a feeling I may know what's happened, or hasn't, as the case may be with the new owner of the adaptor.

one thing that does effect them is the thickness of the paint
    could be he hasn't unscrewed the grubscrew enough and care should be taken tightening as it can deform the barrel

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    one thing that does effect them is the thickness of the paint
    could be he hasn't unscrewed the grubscrew enough and care should be taken tightening as it can deform the barrel
    My thoughts exactly, but I'll have to wait and see when he gets in touch again.
    When a grub screw secured item is not in use, I always screw grub screws well into the host material, otherwise they do sometimes tend to fall out if left unscrewed too far.

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    Thanks Roy and ped, I too thought all barrels were the same OD, but will be interested in some accurate measurements.
    Here we go......

.177 version........8.80mm
    .20 version........8.82mm
    .22 version........8.82mm

HTH.

Roy.

(variation probably down to paint thickness)
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

i have the brass silencer adapter made by uk neil.it works fine on my e9a 20 cal .
    but i had a e9a 22, and when used with the 22 cal it was inaccurate as the pellets were clipping the silencer.

Thanks Roy and bcham. The adaptor has now apparently been fitted satisfactorily.