Thread: Walther lp400 v hammerli Pro.

Walther lp400 v hammerli Pro.

Hi all.

I have a izzy 46m but will be looking at getting a pcp pistol in the next few months.

With a budget around a £1000 for something new I was considering either the ap pro or the walther lp400 club.

Thing is, the write ups seem to suggest their they are almost identical bar around £300 price difference.

If anyone's had experience with either of these pistols, can point out the differences or has any suggestions please let me know.

Many thanks

Tom

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Hi Tom

I have no experience of the Hammerli but I do of the LP400 and of the Walther company in particular. The only review I can find on line of the Pro is by an inexperienced pistol shooter so is near enough irrelevant.

The difference is, the Walther LP400 Club is exactly the same as the top line LP400 match pistol, just with a cheaper grip, the Hammerli Pro (built in a different factory) is a designed and built to a price budget pistol with a top line grip. Look on the Walther web site to see the technical spec of both.

My advice to those buying new kit is always get the best you can afford, buy once, buy the best you can afford and develop into it. The Pro will always be a budget pistol with a top line grip, the Walther will always be a top line match pistol, and remember most shooters when they develop, either modify the grip to them, or have a new grip made for them. The differences noticed by a top level shooter will be shot recoil and vibration feel (even recoilless pistols recoil!), and trigger feel, initially especially coming from an eastern Bloc pistol you will be impressed by both, but as your skill develops the Walther will be ahead.

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

I also have no experience of the Hammerli mentioned but for the past 27 months I have been using a LP400 trouble free and with some success to the extent that when a limited edition became available (won by a fellow club member at the Northern Shooting Show) I bought that one as well.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Many thanks for taking the time to answer, and for clearing up my confusion regarding the 2 pistols.

From what I've read the lp400 is in a different league.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Walther LP400

I'm afraid I also don't have any experience with the Hammerli Pro- but I recently upgraded my vintage(?!) Steyr LP1, my first match pistol to the LP400 carbon and I am very pleased with it indeed, it is a fabulous pistol. In reality, all of these pistols will probably shoot better than you or I but the better the pistol, the more adjustment and room to grow as it were. I would definitely recommend the Walther. Superb!
    Steyr Evo 10, Anschutz 8001, BSA Scorpion SE, BSA light Pattern, HW77k, HW30s, AA TX200, HW45 Blackstar, HW40, Walther CP88, Webley Premier E, TBC!