Hi Martin,

A longstroke conversion is a way of increasing the swept volume of the cylinder, as our American cousins are fond of saying.... "there ain't no substitute for cubic inches".... well, actually there is, it's called efficient engineering, but that's another argument.

The Meteor has a relatively small swept volume, and therefore struggles to even approach 12ftlbs, in comparison the HW80 has a large swept volume and it can be a struggle to keep under 12ftlbs.

IIRC the easiest and quickest way to increase the volume on a Meteor is to remove the buffer behind the piston, though it is a helluva long time since I've done anything with a Meteor and the design varies through the various Marks of the rifle.

With regard to springs, that one is a bit tricky really, the springs in stock at my local gunshop are next to useless, I've had decent ones from Chambers and the Titan XS springs were certainly good in my Goldstar. I have three of Maccari's on order from the States and have heard good things about them. I'm sure others on here will have their own suggestions, including stay away from Ox!

Hsing-ee's guide covers more or less everything you can do to one of these rifles, time spent getting the inside of the cylinder right is a good investment, I would also make up a spring guide that fits the spring, this will improve the whole experience of shooting by making it smoother and quieter.

Rich