Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More Hw90 Help Required

My advice to anyone who has a leak in the HW90 is first of all just fit a new Schrader valve, simple and cheap. Will be the most likely source of the leak. If you want a quick fix that works, just put a tiny polyurethane O ring under the cover screw of the Schrader valve and it acts as a secondary seal to the valve.

Ba
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Hw90

Have you Re Set the safety catch?

Safety catch was reset fine, just literally a case of not being able to cock it. I've had some interest in letting it go, so I think that's going to be the way to go. Really appreciate all the help from everyone, and it reminds me of why I always come here.

James

Going to try one more thing, and if that doesn't work, It's out the door.

Just thought I would update this thread. I purchased this gun as a project. When stripped I noticed the newly fitted shrader valve had blown it's o ring, I couldn't find it internally which puzzled me. I assume if the air is allowed to escape too quickly it will do this? I replaced the two piston orings out of my spares drawer, removed the seized stupid inertia, polished the piston, fitted a new shrader valve, relubed plus a teaspoon of engine inside the piston. Pumped up using a slim Jim, then gently tapped the valve with a punch and screwdriver handle to allow small amounts of air to escape until I got 11.5fpe with jsb. It now shoots spot on, the .177 as expected is a bit snappier than my .22 but very user friendly. The full length barrel reduces muzzle flip. It's holding air after a week so fingers crossed. Very pleased to own another 90 and think they are very underrated. Many thanks to OP for being a top bloke in the purchase and delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
    Just thought I would update this thread. I purchased this gun as a project. When stripped I noticed the newly fitted shrader valve had blown it's o ring, I couldn't find it internally which puzzled me. I assume if the air is allowed to escape too quickly it will do this? I replaced the two piston orings out of my spares drawer, removed the seized stupid inertia, polished the piston, fitted a new shrader valve, relubed plus a teaspoon of engine inside the piston. Pumped up using a slim Jim, then gently tapped the valve with a punch and screwdriver handle to allow small amounts of air to escape until I got 11.5fpe with jsb. It now shoots spot on, the .177 as expected is a bit snappier than my .22 but very user friendly. The full length barrel reduces muzzle flip. It's holding air after a week so fingers crossed. Very pleased to own another 90 and think they are very underrated. Many thanks to OP for being a top bloke in the purchase and delivery.
    Thanks for the kind words, it was a pleasure dealing with you. I'm so glad to hear that everything is now working as it should, and it's gone to someone who appreciates it. I think from now on I'll be sticking to working on springers and CO2, and maybe get that Meteor sorted by Christmas.