Thread: The Chiappa FAS 6004

The Chiappa FAS 6004

£352 (available to order) from SGC.

https://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/fas-6004-std-177

Seems a good price?

Anybody know if the quality has improved since I.J. had an early brand-new example that wasn't so good...?

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    £352 (available to order) from SGC.

https://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/fas-6004-std-177

Seems a good price?

Anybody know if the quality has improved since I.J. had an early brand-new example that wasn't so good...?
    No it hasnt...A friend purchased one against my advice (mainly because i knew i would have to sort it out for him)
    I suppose it could have been in the gunshop a while but they do seem to have a reasonable turn over to suspect it being quite recent.

Anyhow the breach required countersinking to remove slight burrs....muzzle was ok.
    Seal a bit too low for my liking, with barely 0.2 mm of land between it and the breach face ....which has caused galling on some early ones....it was clear but only for so long i would think.
    The paint Job looks like paint compared to the Blued finish on the older 604
    The power is miserable....we checked his at 330 fps...
    As i guessed he wants me to look at that.

I can usually tweak them to 380 fps and produce a nice clean breach entry... machine shop job, with a shimmed O ring
    Set the barrel to correct gap if you need it but i wouldnt bother without the service .
    Last edited by clarky; 08-10-2017 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky View Post
    No it hasnt...A friend purchased one against my advice (mainly because i knew i would have to sort it out for him)
    I suppose it could have been in the gunshop a while but they do seem to have a reasonable turn over to suspect it being quite recent.

Anyhow the breach required countersinking to remove slight burrs....muzzle was ok.
    Seal a bit too low for my liking, with barely 0.2 mm of land between it and the breach face ....which has caused galling on some early ones....it was clear but only for so long i would think.
    The paint Job looks like paint compared to the Blued finish on the older 604
    The power is miserable....we checked his at 330 fps...
    As i guessed he wants me to look at that.

I can usually tweak them to 380 fps and produce a nice clean breach entry... machine shop job, with a shimmed O ring
    Set the barrel to correct gap if you need it but i wouldnt bother without the service .
    These issues sound all too familiar

Why spend £350 on a new 6004 that might have issues, when you could spend £75-125 less on an old 604 that doesn't (money you could spend on having it professionally serviced, if you liked)?

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Why spend £350 on a new 6004 that might have issues, when you could spend £75-125 less on an old 604 that doesn't (money you could spend on having it professionally serviced, if you liked)?
    I think the pistol world ...target or otherwise ..is crying out for a FAS style pistol ....that doesnt look like a 20 inch long 46m farm implement in a grip for a Gorilla...but is quality controlled with a Blued/ anodized finish...
    The 6004 pretending to be that gun for the time being...