Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sussex Interclub HFT 2017 - Round 10 RESULTS

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)

Sussex Interclub HFT 2017 - Round 10 RESULTS

Afternoon everyone. Well, OK, almost evening as I decided to watch the Grand Prix before firing up the keyboard.

HUGE thanks to all Oakies for putting out a challenging course for the last competitive round of the 2017 Sussex Interclub HFT series. And thanks too to Wurz for feeding us so well; superb bit of bacon and burgers.

Course setters’ nightmare experienced 1st thing this morning, when I arrived on scene to spot Charles trudging back from the top of the Downs having chased a bull calf out of the field and restrung those targets the wee chap had ‘played with’. I understand he (the bullock) submitted a score card, but failed to get it witnessed so was DQ’d.

Not a dry day, but nothing like as much rain as originally forecast – good – but more than ample tricksy breeze which came out to play with pellets following in the hoof-steps of the bull; all over the place. E.g the fairy target toward the top of the field. Those either side of me gave it 3 to 4 dots hold to the left and one of them was delighted to see their pellet sail pass the right edge of the plate. I managed to knock it over with just 1 ½ dots. And it was a bit like that all over the field. Range traps too in the woods, helped me to drop 2 points in the first handful of lanes.

Low turn out, no doubt as much due to the weather as the ‘pull’ of the European Championships in the Czech republic – but we had more paint on our targets

Here is the full set of results …..
    Name Club Class Score Hscore % Badge T(eam)
    Mike Burgess Swallows O 55 55 100.0% Gold T
    Bob Pattenden Oaks O 55 55 100.0% G T
    Mike Byford Oaks O 54 54 98.2% G T
    Kevin Catt Meon Valley O 53 53 96.4% G T
    Roger Dibbens Buxted O 53 53 96.4% G T
    Pat Fitzgerald Ford R 53 53 96.4% G T
    Kevin Maw Buxted O 53 53 96.4% G T
    Charles Peal Oaks O 53 53 96.4% G T
    Vince Blackman Meon Valley O 52 52 94.5% G T
    Philip Jacobs Horsham O 52 52 94.5% G T
    Nigel Wood Buxted R 52 52 94.5% G T
    Aaron Friend Oaks O 51 51 92.7% G T
    Simon Whittick Horsham O 51 51 92.7% G T
    Adam Longhurst Buxted O 50 50 90.9% Silver T
    Mark Rackley Ford O 50 50 90.9% S T
    Howard Kalisch Buxted O 49 49 89.1% S T
    Lol Moore Ford O 49 49 89.1% S T
    Derek Watson Horsham R 49 49 89.1% G T
    Kevin Wickson Buxted O 49 49 89.1% S
    Justin Rayner Buxted O 48 48 87.3% S
    Paul Somerville Meon Valley O 48 48 87.3% S T
    Jean Greatrex Maldon L 47 47 85.5% G T
    Kevin Hills Buxted O 47 47 85.5% S
    Steb Martinez Ford O 47 47 85.5% S T
    Abigail Maw Buxted J 47 47 85.5% G
    Mike Seagrave Meon Valley O 47 47 85.5% S T
    Spencer Bailey Buxted O 46 46 83.6% S
    Kevin McMenamin Visitor O 46 46 83.6% S
    Shaun Willson Oaks O 46 46 83.6% S
    Greg Wilmshurst Swallows O 45 45 81.8% Bronze T
    Graeme Cargan Oaks R 44 44 80.0% S
    Richard Chase Ford O 44 44 80.0% B T
    Keith Paddington Horsham O 44 44 80.0% B T
    Phil Moody Horsham O 43 43 78.2% B T
    Richard Nightingale Oaks O 43 43 78.2% B
    Scott Somerville Meon Valley J 43 43 78.2% S T
    Stewart Elstone Buxted O 42 42 76.4% B
    Chris Mears Visitor O 42 42 76.4% B
    Wes Micklethwaite Oaks P 42 46 76.4% G T
    Eli McCullough Oaks O 41 41 74.5% B
    Doug Falcon Oaks R 40 40 72.7% B
    Dan Hawes Iden Fern O 38 38 69.1% T
    Steve Micklethwaite Oaks O 38 38 69.1%
    Ally Stewart Oaks L 38 38 69.1% B
    Harvey Friend Visitor P 35 39 63.6% S

For achieving their 5th Gold of the season, congratulations went to Phil Jacobs and Aaron Friend for being awarded their Platinum badges.

Please let me know a.s.a.p. if you spot anything you think is amiss. Have I misspelt any names? Have I put you in the wrong class? Let me know if you spot anything wrong. BBS PM or email should do the trick.

Prize drawer winners today were:

• Dan Hawes – the £23 cash prize,
    • Shaun WIlson – the Air Arms goody bag
    • And Paul Somerville won the Compair Magazine subscription

Seems only right and proper that, for the last round of the year, the home club (Oaks) won the day and very notable that FORD CAME 3rd !!! But no one was able to topple BUXTED from wining the Team of the Year Award. Four clubs today – Iden Fern, MAD, Meon and Swallows FTC – had to rely on ‘draw’ cards up to the maximum qty of 3 – taken at random from the pack but excluding people who were NOT already in a club team. Total team scores and cumulative points won are :
    Club Round 10 Cumulative Points
    Oaks 259 104
    Buxted 257 115
    Ford 243 74
    Meon Valley 243 107
    Horsham 239 81
    Swallows 221 67
    Maldon 168 75
    Iden Fern 168 69

Safe shooting to everyone ahead of the end-of-year ‘fun’ meeting at Buxted on Sunday 22nd October. Watch the BBS for the final details, but I know that Simmo has something planned to test your skill (and air bottles) to the full.

There’s quite a bit of checking and tweaking to do, but as soon as I’ve finished crunching all the numbers, I will post here with a link to the final individual tables. Keep your eyes peeled. The top 3 places in the Open class remained all to play for before today. Has there been a change ??

In the meantime, quite surprising to note that – perhaps for the first time this year – there’s nothing in the calendar for next weekend. What will we all do with ourselves. But no doubt some of us will bump in to one-another for the final 2 rounds of the UKAHFT nationals oooop North (Emley Moor) the weekend after next (14 & 15 Oct).

Biggles
    Last edited by biggles; 02-10-2017 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Membership change of one person and to team results
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

And a final thanks to Bob P for looking after the old and infirm on our way round today.

He was shooting - and very well - with what I can only describe as the finest looking HW100 I have ever seen. One of his home-brew (printed) stocks bolted to that action. Usually cannot stand (just a marmite thing) the HW 'look' until seeing it in that stock. Stunner

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

I nearly didn't bother turning up today due to the forecast but had a great shoot.
    Think that's the first time I've shot with Mr Biggles, what a thoroughly nice chap, thanks for the company.
    Very pleased with the HW today.
    Bob

Big thanks to the Oakies for putting on a tricky course. Moving the wood around again was a nice move - I've just realised that the field only cost me two points - so can you put the wood back as it was please?

GO TEAM BUXTED!!
    Is it Sunday yet? Be the pellet. Daystate Griffin + Aztec Emerald
    DS Bluewolf, DS Mk3 177 & 22, ProSport 177.
    2x SIHFT Champ 2017 & 2019, BARC HFT Open Class 2018

Thank you Oakies for a relly enjoyable day's shooting.

To witness Beardy bitch and groan about his run of 7 one's made my day

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank Mike for organising such a fabulous series.

Congratulations to the Hobbits for their series win, somehow I think the Oakies might have something to say about that when their talisman returns next year Well that assumes he finally finishes the extention

On a personal note, I just want to say I was taken back by the beautiful park bench that has been dedicated to Terry, it is a wonderful tribute to your friendship and his memory. Well done folks!

The Ford Open will be on next weekend so if you are at a loose end feel free to come by and join in. I will be posting details of the shoot shortly.

Looking forward to SIHFT 2018 already.

See you all soon,

Steb
    Save time, see it my way

http://www.ford-hft.co.uk/

Thanks to Phil M for pointing out the error of my ways on incorrectly dating this year's End of Season meeting at Buxted. It is, of course, on the 22nd October. It WILL be the 28th Oct in 2018 !!

Biggles

Peed off that, even with a 100%, I could only claw my way to within 1.59% of a podium place.

I knew this in advance, of course, but NOT that I'd come away with 100% today.

Just 1 point in some of the earlier 9 rounds would have made that difference.

Who said that not every shot counts. It's why I never (ever) throw in the towel.

Biggles

Thanks for coming guys, nice break from building !!

Some great boinger scores!

I was shooting well until i got to the last 10 targets, where i dropped 5!!! how i laughed, especially as they were 'average' targets!....

Thank to the two Phils for putting up with me, i really enjoyed my shooting today, i got EVERY positional!

There was some wind on that there hill though

Thanks to all the 'behind the scenes' organisers, everybody appreciates it!

Thanks to all The Oakies, you were small in numbers but BIG in spirit!!

Last and least... A big well done to Buxted, you have some decent shooters! (when there is no wind...)
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post
    Peed off that, even with a 100%, I could only claw my way to within 1.59% of a podium place.

I knew this in advance, of course, but NOT that I'd come away with 100% today.

Just 1 point in some of the earlier 9 rounds would have made that difference.

Who said that not every shot counts. It's why I never (ever) throw in the towel.

Biggles
    Too right, you soon learn that your 'crap' score is sometimes the least crap, on the day!!

XX
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

In the unlikely event that anyone (apart, perhaps, from the course setter) would be morbidly interested, I did a quick check to look at the results from the Magic Fairy lane up in the field.

'Platers' = 20
    Knock Overs = 12
    Doughnuts = 13

Biggles

Stupid fairy! Stupid wind! Stupid field!
    “To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target”

Red ISP Airstream serial number 48 in a Tilly stock. Nightforce NXS 2.5-10 X 32 MOA

Quote Originally Posted by Herp View Post
    Thank you Oakies for a relly enjoyable day's shooting.

To witness Beardy bitch and groan about his run of 7 one's made my day

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank Mike for organising such a fabulous series.

Congratulations to the Hobbits for their series win, somehow I think the Oakies might have something to say about that when their talisman returns next year Well that assumes he finally finishes the extention

On a personal note, I just want to say I was taken back by the beautiful park bench that has been dedicated to Terry, it is a wonderful tribute to your friendship and his memory. Well done folks!

The Ford Open will be on next weekend so if you are at a loose end feel free to come by and join in. I will be posting details of the shoot shortly.

Looking forward to SIHFT 2018 already.

See you all soon,

Steb
    It's a fair cop, I did bitch and moan what peeved me most was the fact that about 5 of those were vertical. You go to all that bother of getting the wind right and then it lifts the pellet as well. The swine. I definitely need to go back to the drawing board

Pleasure to watch Pat slam them in, I thought he was going to clear it the way he started!

Great series, thanks to the organisers again. Without you it wouldn't happen.

Richard
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

But then hey, who cares?

We came third

HURRAH
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Quote Originally Posted by biggles View Post
    In the unlikely event that anyone (apart, perhaps, from the course setter) would be morbidly interested, I did a quick check to look at the results from the Magic Fairy lane up in the field.

'Platers' = 20
    Knock Overs = 12
    Doughnuts = 13

Biggles
    I bet that wasn't the only 'naughty' target... (oh and i got it )

One of the better targets was the small circle around number 7 or 8'ish, great range trap!

"Those either side of me gave it 3 to 4 dots hold to the left and one of them was delighted to see their pellet sail pass the right edge of the plate."

SAIL !!!! IT WAS A FLAMIN FOOT WIDE 1.5 dots ......sheesh
    "The Countback kid always misses peg 1"