Thread: GGG 7.62x51 brass

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

GGG 7.62x51 brass

Any one reloaded using the NRA Imperial GGG 7.62 brass? The primers look crimped in.

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Yes.. i reload all flavours of GGG brass (mill surp 7.62 and 5.56 and the commercial .308) and its good stuff.

The primers are crimped in, no problems punching them out but you'll need to ream or swage out the crimp before re-priming.

As daryll says you have to sort the primer pockets out before you reloading depends on how many you are going to do as to which way you do them after 100 my hands were hurting so got a swager and find it easier and they are uniform as well

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Daryll View Post
    Yes.. i reload all flavours of GGG brass (mill surp 7.62 and 5.56 and the commercial .308) and its good stuff.

The primers are crimped in, no problems punching them out but you'll need to ream or swage out the crimp before re-priming.
    I reload all ggg brass , it's easily as good as Norma , very consistent etc , I use a Dillon 600 swager to normalise the primer pockets , some of my brass has been reloaded 10 times now with re-annealing after the 5th reload and again at 10.
    This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future! Adolph Hitler – 1933

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Thanks guys
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

I produce Fox factory ammo under license in the UK and we use GGG in 223 and 308
    The unfired brass we get is standard boxer primer, no crimp and I agree is very very high quality

I have several hundred once fired of the same in 308

Robin, I bought the Dillon Super Swage earlier this year which is meant to remove these crimps. It is still in the box unused as my large box of GGG 5.56 is getting bigger and I haven't started reloading it yet. You're very welcome to borrow it if you want.....

https://www.dillonprecision.com/supe...8_8_25263.html

Until now, reusing military brass, with its crimped primer pockets, has been a tedious task. The Dillon solution is a remarkably simple device that bolts to your bench and allows you to swage the primer pockets with speed and ease. The case is supported from the inside, so you won't be tearing the rims off the brass. A tool steel, hardened swage rod (easy to change from large to small primers) simply rolls the crimp away. No reaming is necessary. Our unique compound cam leverage system assures not only ease of operation, but perfect alignment with each and every round. Sound simple? It is and it works. What's more, it's inexpensive. The Super Swage 600 comes with large and small swage rods, .22 and .30 caliber backup rods, and a 45ACP adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDuncs View Post
    Robin, I bought the Dillon Super Swage earlier this year which is meant to remove these crimps. It is still in the box unused as my large box of GGG 5.56 is getting bigger and I haven't started reloading it yet. You're very welcome to borrow it if you want.....

https://www.dillonprecision.com/supe...8_8_25263.html
    You may want to see this

https://youtu.be/LaZHeSUqQbk

Quote Originally Posted by aris View Post
    You may want to see this

https://youtu.be/LaZHeSUqQbk
    ha-ha... with somewhere between 3,000 and 4,000 fired cases to deprime, this could be extremely useful! Thanks.