Thread: Webley Pro System Silencer Valuation

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Webley Pro System Silencer Valuation

I have one of these which came with a springer I bought, it is in good condition with no rust. It seems to be made from blued steel.

What era is it from, which rifles was it sold with, and about how much is it worth?

Last time I looked they were available new from B.A.R. for around £23.

The data sheet is probably on their site, that shows the diameter barrels that it fits into. It comes with a sleeve insert for fitting the smaller barrels.

I had one on a Brummie Xocet (.177); very robust fit and serves well as a cocking aid on a carbine barrel.

The gland nut tends to get marked by spanners, but that can readily be tidied up with G96 gun blue cream.

HTH

Edit - Still listed on BAR, price has gone up to £32.
    Last edited by Aimstraight; 02-10-2017 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Now £32.

I have one on my Webley Omega.
    How do I get it off?

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    The Webley ProSystem silencer was the one with the pneumatic-style tightening nut and olive type set up for securing and tightening. They weren't for a specific model (came with alloy spacers for 15mm barrels and 16mm barrels which slid over the host barrel) and were perfect for non thread barrels.

Back in the day (late 1980s through to when Webley went belly-up and their name was bought by an importer to badge a range of imported non kit circa 2006), these were particularly popular with the HW80 & HW80K brigade, and although quite ugly, have a certain industrial 'no frills' charm. Available as blued steel mods through to Webley's last few years, when they tended to only come painted.

Old new stock examples of the blued one regularly crop up at dealerships (bought two only last year) for £25, so a vgc s/h one is probably worth £18 posted? Hope this helps.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post

I have one on my Webley Omega.
    How do I get it off?
    Providing loctite or similar hasn't been used, two spanners turned opposed direction to each other on the bottom two hexagons will release the taper grip and allow the mod to slide off: simples.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post

Last time I looked they were available new from B.A.R. for around £23.

The data sheet is probably on their site, that shows the diameter barrels that it fits into. It comes with a sleeve insert for fitting the smaller barrels.

I had one on a Brummie Xocet (.177); very robust fit and serves well as a cocking aid on a carbine barrel.

The gland nut tends to get marked by spanners, but that can readily be tidied up with G96 gun blue cream.

HTH

Edit - Still listed on BAR, price has gone up to £32.
    Wonder if these are the new old stock items I mentioned in my post above, or as may now be more likely given the price increase, doppelgängers made by an artisan company in the wake of Webley?

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Old new stock examples of the blued one regularly crop up at dealerships (bought two only last year) for £25, so a vgc s/h one is probably worth £18 posted? Hope this helps.
    Mine sold for around that. I was surprised the ones at BAR have increased so much since I last looked.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Providing loctite or similar hasn't been used, two spanners turned opposed direction to each other on the bottom two hexagons will release the taper grip and allow the mod to slide off: simples.
    Thanks Gareth.
    Thought it was going to be that but am mechanical idiot.

I have one on an Xocet too. Nice cocking aid, not sure how good it is as a supressor.

I'm pretty sure there is, or was, a non-Webley branded generic one too. Probably made in the same factory in China that makes or made the Webley ones.

I have one fitted to my remmy express, they aren't the quietest but work ok. If the different collar sizes are missing I'd say £18 posted tops

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Thanks chaps. It certainly is a functional looking piece of kit. Silencers on springers are a not my bag, so I will be passing it on.

I'm looking for one of these mate... I'm up your way on a Monday and a Thursday... pm sent
    Donald