Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drulov Eagle Über rifle!

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters

Drulov Eagle Über rifle!

While I was away I bought the above rifle unseen. I'd wanted one since seeing the original review in (probably) Airgun World in the 90's.
    On our return last night, it was at the forefront of my mind and the box was rent assunder with gusto! The stock has a fair amount of scratches as per the description, but there was no tube spanner, so I couldn't fit a co2 bulb to test anything.

Fast forward to the crack of sparrow this morning and I was in the workshop with the rifle to one side and a length of mild steel tube in the lathe. A few minutes later it was all systems go! The gas went in with the right "hiss" as the system pressurised, five AA Fields were loaded into the tube, the gun was shouldered with care.......and then

BANGBANGBANGBANGBANG!

Big grin and five tidy holes in the backstop. I decided to chrono it and got a respectable BANGBANGBANGBANGBANG! 450 fps, this equates to just under 4 ft/lb. A little low perhaps, but when the system operates this well I am very loathe to even think of changing anything.
    I set up a target to see what king of groups I could get if I BANGBANGBANGBANGBANG!

Bugger. Ok, I'll load it and then take some calm, steady BANGBANGBANGBANGBANG! shots to check.. The... erm.

Load it and then take some BANGBANGBANGBANGBANG!

Dammitalltoheck!

I know this rifle can be used sensibly, I have just got to get my head around that concept. Until then I will continue shredding flowers and chasing pebbles around the flower beds with this huge, silly grin on my face.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    While I was away I bought the above rifle unseen. I'd wanted one since seeing the original review in (probably) Airgun World in the 90's.
    On our return last night, it was at the forefront of my mind and the box was rent assunder with gusto! The stock has a fair amount of scratches as per the description, but there was no tube spanner, so I couldn't fit a co2 bulb to test anything.

Fast forward to the crack of sparrow this morning and I was in the workshop with the rifle to one side and a length of mild steel tube in the lathe. A few minutes later it was all systems go! The gas went in with the right "hiss" as the system pressurised, five AA Fields were loaded into the tube, the gun was shouldered with care.......and then

BANGBANGBANGBANGBANG!

Big grin and five tidy holes in the backstop. I decided to chrono it and got a respectable BANGBANGBANGBANGBANG! 450 fps, this equates to just under 4 ft/lb. A little low perhaps, but when the system operates this well I am very loathe to even think of changing anything.
    I set up a target to see what king of groups I could get if I BANGBANGBANGBANGBANG!

Bugger. Ok, I'll load it and then take some calm, steady BANGBANGBANGBANGBANG! shots to check.. The... erm.

Load it and then take some BANGBANGBANGBANGBANG!

Dammitalltoheck!

I know this rifle can be used sensibly, I have just got to get my head around that concept. Until then I will continue shredding flowers and chasing pebbles around the flower beds with this huge, silly grin on my face.
    It never gets boring does it better order a few sleeves of pellets & a crate of co2 bulbs
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    A technical question:

How do you get those two little dots above the 'u' in Uber
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    A technical question:

How do you get those two little dots above the 'u' in Uber

I drew them on with a sharpie.

I drew them on with a sharpie.
    Thank you, I'll order one now
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Thank you, I'll order one now
    On an Ipad you press and hold the letter and all the different options come up above it. Voilā!

On an Ipad you press and hold the letter and all the different options come up above it. Voilā!
    Õ ŷęäh Dammit your clever

Ī hãvē ōwńęd mŷ ípåd 5 ŷëārš, ãnd î ņęvėr knęŵ thåt!
    Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're probably right.

God I hate smart arses!
    Sounds like fun though, can you fit a banana mag?

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    God I hate smart arses!
    Sounds like fun though, can you fit a banana mag?
    It's a .177, they'd have to be really small bananas.

I'll bring it round, and I'll have it at the bash. It may be the only thing I bring!

Wôrkß öņ åņdrôd tõō 😁
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooottttttttttttttttt ooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnn wwwwwwwwwwwwwwiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidddddddddddddooooooo oooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww ssssssssssssssssssss

Drulov Eagle

Reading the above Mr(Tinbum) says that these rifles can be used sensibly
    I disagree as every time i shoot mine it goes BangBangBangBangBang
    Big smile

I've had one of the pistols a few years. Great fun!

But surely these are illegal..... sure I read that on here
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.