Thread: The Challenger Arms Corporation Plainsman (pneumatic) air pistol...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieDee View Post
    Hot off the press... my latest article, well a rewrite, of a very rare American air pistol!

http://www.jimmiedeesairguns.com/pis...tic-1949-1951/
    Jimmie, as you say the pump up Plainsman is quite rare but there I think there are a few in collections in UK. The CO2 version which I prefer is much more common and an excellent performing CO2 pistol out of the box, mine was on a par with my Schimels. Sold my Painsman to a local BBS member who now has 3.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

It’s good to hear there are a few more in the UK! They are very good pistols.

It’s current with Paul who is recrowning it and elongating the barrel grub screw indent so I can adjust the breech lock down correctly.

My next article will be a repost from my Facenbook page to the new website of the CO2 variant. I bought mine from guntrader auction in the US sight unseen and had it shipped over. It worked straight out of the box but someone had brush painted it! I have since restored it.

I concur with your comparison to the Schimel. It is quite a powerful beast. I have done a power profile graph for it. The Schimel is probably one of my favourite pistols. Along with the CO2 Plainsman and the Crosman 451.

I’ll probably get the post up in a few days or so depending on the content of the article or whether I need to make any corrections based on what I have learnt since I wrote it.

As ever, any information people might have about these that I may be missing is welcome as I can always update the articles so we have, perhaps, a single article of reference rather than currently bits and pieces distributed over various forums and websites.

All the best,
    Jimmie
    Last edited by JimmieDee; 03-10-2017 at 11:18 AM.

Interesting info, liked your write up and look forward to more. I also think the most desirable CO2 pistols are the Challenger Arms Plainsman, the Schimel and of course the more commonly available Crosman 600. Probably would like the pump up Plainsman if I could try one.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

I've linked to your article here, Jimmie.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    I've linked to your article here, Jimmie.
    Many thanks Danny! I had already linked back to your gallery in this one. I need to revisit the others.