Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Challenger Arms Corporation Plainsman (pneumatic) air pistol...

I have to say that I am aware of the issues with Buna-N and nitrile o-rings and their expansion when exposed to CO2 but I have been using a Buna-N o-ring as the end cap seal for a few days now with no expansion issues at all. I’ve probably gone through four or five CO2 capsules. I never leave full or partially full CO2 capsules in my guns so they only get used fo a short period before the cap is removed and a new cartridge is fitted. So I think it is entirely possible to use “standard” o-rings on the end cap.

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/FqK286l.jpg

I was negotiating buying a Plainsman pneumatic 22 with a guy and he said he already sold the one he had in .177. Sent this pic, only one he sent. I assumed at the time it was the pneumatic? Don’t know if you can tell if it’s Pneumatic from this pic?
    With our "new" eyes regarding the Plainsman, it's pretty clear that this is a pneumatic, because it does not have the fancy POWER CONTROL adjustable cocking hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by DT Fletcher View Post
    With our "new" eyes regarding the Plainsman, it's pretty clear that this is a pneumatic, because it does not have the fancy POWER CONTROL adjustable cocking hammer.
    It could be either. I have further researched both the pneumatic and the CO2 variant and the pneumatic is also seen with the pellet loading shelf in front of the breech. In this example, it is possible that the pistol is cocked and only the rod is visible. Otherwise I would expect to see the knob at the end.

All the best,
    Jimmie

Quote Originally Posted by JimmieDee View Post
    It could be either. I have further researched both the pneumatic and the CO2 variant and the pneumatic is also seen with the pellet loading shelf in front of the breech. In this example, it is possible that the pistol is cocked and only the rod is visible. Otherwise I would expect to see the knob at the end.

All the best,
    Jimmie
    Well, it sure looks like the pneumatic hammer rod, the CO2 hammer has a difference appearance.

It should be added: if this is what you say, then it is the rarest of all the rare, a .177 caliber CO2 pistol, a model never mentioned anywhere in the literature.