Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JM No.4 Gem - 9mm dart gallery gun

If it was ever designed to fire powder cartridges, it would have a removeable grommet or similar to allow the air to escape in front of the piston when fired in 'firearm' mode - looking at the pics there seems to be a hole at the top of the cylinder, covered by the T-bar. Could this be it? There also seems to be an indent next to the breech seal, which I'm guessing might have been to help with removal of the firing pin attachment?

In any case, in the absence of a firing pin and barrel liner, it is surely an airgun and not a firearm that would need to be on an FAC, especially if it was sold as such. That's what I would argue in court, anyway.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

With reference to legality, the one thing that I would be concerned about is if the .22 liner is designed to chamber a .22 rimfire or Flobert.

The barrel is not chambered for anything, just a straight smoothbore tube - the liner is not chambered for anything, it is rifled right up to the breech face like a nomal airgun barrel ( but it is also likely not to be original as it should be .177 if this a No.4, according to the catalogues)

Will no more tomorrow morning

A link to the old JM catalogues if anyone is interested - http://www.network54.com/Forum/66179...arck+Catalogue
    blah blah

The chap in Sportarm has given it the all clear, it is just an airgun...yippee!
    blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by DCL_dave View Post
    The chap in Sportarm has given it the all clear, it is just an airgun...yippee!
    Thats good news. A 9mm dart firing Gem has got to be a lot rarer than a 9mm Flobert combination version to boot.A happy ending

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Result Dave - that Gem is definately a 'Keeper' mate!

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.