Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Out of Your Airgun Collection, which would You keep if it was only down to One ?

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring

Out of Your Airgun Collection, which would You keep if it was only down to One ?

Following on from Tony's "Guns you still like" Thread, if it came to choosing just ONE airgun and I really mean one from your present collection, which would you choose Guys ?

I find this question really really tricky. You may have lets say, a terrific, expensive, gorgeous "Cabinet Queen" OR you may have a superbly accurate, high performance air rifle which always performs and you love it to bits !
    You may (if you're lucky) have a combination of both !

BUT to get the ball rolling, I'm going to nominate my Venom Arms Sidewinder Varminter .22 based on the Webley and Scott Tomahawk air rifle.
    An oustandingly engineered and cosmetically beautiful air rifle that I really could not bear to part with !
    “An airgun or two”………

Sorry, I don't understand the question, John.

You mean JUST ONE AIR RIFLE?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

TX200 .22 which I've had since 1994. Now is a custom thumbhole stock.

Yeah, that does not compute.

I mean, I have a collection, because I have a collection.

If I could only own (rather than keep) one, it would be something I don't own, like a Venom Mach thingy. Which I might be able to afford if I sold everything else.

A bit like Blackrider, if I had to pick one of my current lot, my walnut Longbow might cover a lot of bases. Or the nicest custom HW77. But what about the Diana 10? Or the FWB80? Or the nicer of the Webley MkIIIs? Or, oh heck, no, this is not possible. There is a reason I own more than one of these things.

hw 99 in .177

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Fenman
    God rest ye jelly mental men

By no way my best rifle or most expensive but my little Sharp Innova (hence the username) is the ONLY rifle I've ever held on to.
    I'm fortunate to own a few very nice custom rifles and one offs but my little Innova was what started my love affair with air rifles, I could never part with it

Definitely a 'boinger'. No way it would be a pcp. One of the 77's. Probably the mk1 carbine. Pick up and go. Virtually no maintenance. A doddle to work on. Accurate and pleasure to use.

Just thinking, . . I suppose for some people the ONLY gun might be a pistol? Lots of guys on here who would never to be parted from their Webley Seniors, Premiers, Juniors, Mk1's etc.
    Last edited by Lumberjack; 03-10-2017 at 09:13 PM.
    The 0.22 Treefeller X X2R HW77k
    Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    HW77K 25mm - does it all.

although something lighter in the break-barrel mode like the HW30S or Diana 240 would be nice to have as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pumpygun View Post
    By no way my best rifle or most expensive but my little Sharp Innova (hence the username) is the ONLY rifle I've ever held on to.
    I'm fortunate to own a few very nice custom rifles and one offs but my little Innova was what started my love affair with air rifles, I could never part with it
    Yeah.. same here but for my evo. I'd have to sort the f*@#₯^’ trigger though tis the only thing that is stopping me enjoy this rifle at the moment. Still..., I hang on for the day it's fixed up & working fab with the .20 Walther blank grafted on to it ....
    Although after fettling or even shooting my new 77, I might change my mind
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Fenman
    FENMAN?

but but its got nae spring in it ....???? surely that's against the Code of the Delrin Lords?

and it is ugly, like a dried donkey corpse that's been varnished.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    FENMAN?

but but its got nae spring in it ....???? surely that's against the Code of the Delrin Lords?

and it is ugly, like a dried donkey corpse that's been varnished.

Fool!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by Lumberjack View Post
    Definitely a 'boinger'. No way it would be a pcp. One of the 77's. Probably the mk1 carbine. Pick up and go. Virtually no maintenance. A doddle to work on. Accurate and pleasure to use.

Just thinking, . . I suppose for some people the ONLY gun might be a pistol? Lots of guys on here who would never to be parted from their Webley Seniors, Premiers, Juniors, Mk1's etc.
    Rowlocks. Forgot the Senior. And the Scorpion.

OK, unlike Highlander ("there can be only one!"), this is impossible and needs breaking down. Plinker pistol, match pistol, youth rifle, general purpose rifle, premium rifle, match rifle, etc etc.

And you need to be allowed to own more than one in each category, just because. Which kind of defeats the purpose of the thread.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Blimey, hope the day you mention never comes, as the thought of only owning one air gun is, for me, as scarey as the thought of only owning one motorcycle ( ergo that ain't gonna happen any time soon ) ...

If for the sake of argument I could only own just the one air gun, however, romance to one side, it couldn't be one of my rare collectables, but rather something which encompasses both collectability and practicality of use, as if pushed, I would have to say I am a shooter first, and a collector second.

This in mind then, it'd have to be my Walthar Century 100 in .177 -- rareish as is discontinued and not that many were sold all things considered; it is really well made, and is possibly the most accurate and consistent sub 12ft.lb 'straight from the box' break-barrel springer I have ever owned.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

S410 Carbine .177
    6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy...!