Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pistol muzzle velocity for 10m target shooting.

Hello,

My Tau-7 is set to give ca. 470 fps with JSB Match (Green, 7.33 gr.), and at that setting gives an average of sixty-eight (68) shots per 12g CO2 caplet.

I use targets from the NSRA & Krueger, and at ca. 470 fps, the shots holes are very clean.

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ

My own follow throughs have generally been involuntary.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    My own follow throughs have generally been involuntary.
    Stop taking sennapods with an alcohol chaser........
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

just checked a Steyr LP10 the owner has been using with modest success...405 feet per second.Fairly old model we dont think has been serviced
    The present owner has had 5 in the 10 ring once and the odd bronze medal.Others could prob shoot it better...It goes to show velocity isnt everything
    We upped it to 500 fps,I told him he will have to start using his air bottle a little more frequently.Interesting to see if he does any better.....

Quote Originally Posted by craig9mm View Post
    just checked a Steyr LP10 the owner has been using with modest success...405 feet per second.Fairly old model we dont think has been serviced
    The present owner has had 5 in the 10 ring once and the odd bronze medal.Others could prob shoot it better...It goes to show velocity isnt everything
    We upped it to 500 fps,I told him he will have to start using his air bottle a little more frequently.Interesting to see if he does any better.....

Correct. To high a velocity can cause muzzle flip (and wastes air). To low and its longer in the barrel.

Its like Doris Stokes after a bottle of gin. (A happy medium. )

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Velocity

The Steyr YouTube video on power adjustment states optimum is 155mps-160mps, 160mps is 525fps so that's what I set mine at with R10s, equates to a midge under 4.3 ft/lb
    John.
    ok, I admit it, I've got a problem.
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.uk/[url]

I chrono'd my new all singing all dancing Steyr Evo10e ...558 fps,you would think they would have checked this before sending it
    Its now 510 fps

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    Stop taking sennapods with an alcohol chaser........
    😂😂😂😂😂
    Donald

I chrono’d my LP2 this evening and got an average of 535.3 FPS with RWS R10 7 gr and 534.8 FPS with RWS Meisterkugeln 7gr. Each result was over a 5 shot spread with a 4 FPS spread.
    I’m pretty happy with that and can’t see me doing any tweaking of Velocity in the near future.

Eric.