Thread: Compact multi shot PCP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BSA Ultra is pretty good - small, light, accurate and, can be very discrete when held at your side in 1 hand.

All of the above.

Randy Bohannon is offline “Junes1 is a whining bellend”
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post
    BSA Ultra is pretty good - small, light, accurate and, can be very discrete when held at your side in 1 hand.
    Ah!

I thought these were only single shot, at least the one I tried at the club was.

Worth a look...
    "An infinite number of monkeys banging away at type writers for an infinite period of time will eventually reproduce Hamlet" Thanks to discussion forums we now know this to be untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Bohannon View Post
    Ah!

I thought these were only single shot, at least the one I tried at the club was.

Worth a look...
    The Ultra se can come single or multi shot.
    The BSA website state that they're 82cm long and, will give 50 shots in .22 or, 40 in .177.

But, if you're just after a rifle for this specific task and, it's never going to be your main interest, I'd seriously consider the AA S410 carbine in .177.

92cm long and, from the .177, 60 shots.

It's a tried and tested rifle - inoffensive to look at and, if you chose to, fairly easy to sell on.

Good luck with your choice

All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post
    The Ultra se can come single of multi shot.
    The BSA website state that they're 82cm long and, will give 50 shots in .22 or, 40 in .177.

But, if you're just after a rifle for this specific task and, it's never going to be your main interest, I'd seriously consider the AA S410 carbine in .177.

92cm long and, from the .177, 60 shots.

It's a tried and tested rifle - inoffensive to look at and, if you chose to, fairly easy to sell on.

Good luck with your choice
    Firearms are tools as far I am concerned, certainly until you get into bespoke loveliness costing tens of thousands.

So from my perspective if the right tool for the job is an air rifle, it is the right tool for the job.

This is all said without prejeduice to my God given right to make jokes about my air rifle shooting friends.
    "An infinite number of monkeys banging away at type writers for an infinite period of time will eventually reproduce Hamlet" Thanks to discussion forums we now know this to be untrue.

For the compact size & shot count I don't think the FX Verminator can be beaten, I'd go for a mk1 which comes in a neat attache` case so can be carried discretely.
    yes it's black but could be vinyl wrapped if required (as could any other gun).

I need it short when ready to go, rather than for transport.

How long is that FX assembled?

Does Sir also require a frock?
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Bohannon View Post
    I need it short when ready to go, rather than for transport.

How long is that FX assembled?
    Both mk1 & 2 are 25.2" according to the book, +add on 6" for a mod which they need, any short barrel is going to "bark" a bit.

In that respect a bullpup would be quieter due to the longer barrel.

To avoid frightening people "on site" how about a day-glo vest with "pest control" written on it ?
    No one ever questions a man in a day-glo vest

Good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    For the compact size & shot count I don't think the FX Verminator can be beaten, I'd go for a mk1 which comes in a neat attache` case so can be carried discretely.
    yes it's black but could be vinyl wrapped if required (as could any other gun).
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    This would be my choice, I've never owned one but worked on one a while back and I was very impressed.

Skan 32
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill