Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Compact multi shot PCP

Randy Bohannon is offline “Junes1 is a whining bellend”
    Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    Sounds like a bull pup of sorts would be fine if you don't want putty up putty down faffing about.

Skan 32. Pump action 32 shot rotary mag....well 15 each side. Looks like a wagon wheel only a bit chewier.

Did not like the one I tried.

But if you go bull pup you are straying into the realms of mil spec looks anyway.

Presume shot count is not an issue so a carbine and a carbine cylinder could be options.

Depends if you are looking for an off the shelf solution or are happy to fiddle a bit.

A little military looking but a bullpup isn't a bad idea at all.

Happy to fiddle.
    "An infinite number of monkeys banging away at type writers for an infinite period of time will eventually reproduce Hamlet" Thanks to discussion forums we now know this to be untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by hotversion View Post
    Same as 410 carbine,looks cool very accurate plus you get a good quality case/back pack you can carry it around town n nobody looks twice

Carrying around town isn't a problem, will be in the boot the car and have secure parking.

Just don't want to frighten anybody on site.
    "An infinite number of monkeys banging away at type writers for an infinite period of time will eventually reproduce Hamlet" Thanks to discussion forums we now know this to be untrue.

Another Ultra se vote, pretty much all you need in a hunting/pest control gun From that tiny cylinder, my .22 gets 50 good shots, that's without a reg, all it has fitted is a £6 blast tamer, which ups the shot count slightly. I have a few other pcp, s, but the Ultra is my go to hunting gun, highly recommend
    Last edited by Trumpetier; 05-10-2017 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Another Ultra se vote, pretty much all you need in a hunting/pest control gun From that tiny cylinder, my .22 gets 50 good shots, that's without a reg, all it has fitted is a £6 blast tamer, which ups the shot count slightly. I have a few other pcp, s, but the Ultra is my go to hunting gun, highly recommend

That shot count would be plenty, I could always keep a cylinder in the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff0100 View Post
    Falcon fn8, if you can find one.
    I would second that and yes i have got one

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Bohannon View Post
    I need it short when ready to go, rather than for transport.

How long is that FX assembled?
    Both mk1 & 2 are 25.2" according to the book, +add on 6" for a mod which they need, any short barrel is going to "bark" a bit.

In that respect a bullpup would be quieter due to the longer barrel.

To avoid frightening people "on site" how about a day-glo vest with "pest control" written on it ?
    No one ever questions a man in a day-glo vest

I've got an Air Arms TDR and it is very accurate, as mentioned it has a nice small case that can easily be carried around as either back pack, or with the handle on the side a small briefcase.

But I also have an SMK Artemis p15 in .22 and again very accurate, light, shrouded, large shot count and more importantly for your needs very compact being a bull pup.
    It's also a side lever multi shot.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Both mk1 & 2 are 25.2" according to the book, +add on 6" for a mod which they need, any short barrel is going to "bark" a bit.

In that respect a bullpup would be quieter due to the longer barrel.

To avoid frightening people "on site" how about a day-glo vest with "pest control" written on it ?
    That's a pretty handy length.

Can't do that for various reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by cozzamec View Post
    I've got an Air Arms TDR and it is very accurate, as mentioned it has a nice small case that can easily be carried around as either back pack, or with the handle on the side a small briefcase.

But I also have an SMK Artemis p15 in .22 and again very accurate, light, shrouded, large shot count and more importantly for your needs very compact being a bull pup.
    It's also a side lever multi shot.

Again the TDR... I may end up having to get one anyway...

Looked up that SMK

http://www.sportsmk.co.uk/workspace/...c8393b5b81.jpg

OMG that stock!?!

Pity as I am warming to the biathalon style side lever design in repeating air rifles, I had a play with a HW44 that won me over.

Looking for a compact multi shot PCP, the more compact the better, for discrete urban pest control.

As silly as this sounds it would be better if it looks "harmless" if you follow my meaning, more sporting than black rifle.

What's out there?
    That's what I have been looking for ever since I had to get rid of the brocock fox we need the fox reinvented to a keep within the law maybes with the stock forming some type of bottle? and maybes using the old Tac just as a pellet holder? signal shot mag?

I'd go with chatting Ryan up about his Ultra, Lord Flash.

Personally, I don't like the TDR one little bit, or the fragile & leaking FX Vermy MK1. :: thumbs down ::

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Spot on top post!

Tdr vs bsa ultra

Are you guys mad the bsa ultra cannot be compared with a tdr,proven air arms quality n accuracy lovely back pack as well,I've used an ultra multi shot not impressed I've still got a tdr

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    SMK Victory CP2. About as compact as it comes.
    Its for pest control and this is a CO2 ? What FPE does it produce.

If it can be used as a stand alone pistol it will be sub 6FPE and being CO2 probably neared 3 or 4with all the leakage you normally associate with a CO2 plinker..

Would be my least fav choice due to power source and presumably low power output and limited range options.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

How about a Pheonix fast fire 10 with my little pony stickers on it?

Looking for a compact multi shot PCP, the more compact the better, for discrete urban pest control.

As silly as this sounds it would be better if it looks "harmless" if you follow my meaning, more sporting than black rifle.

What's out there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    Its for pest control and this is a CO2 ? What FPE does it produce.

If it can be used as a stand alone pistol it will be sub 6FPE and being CO2 probably neared 3 or 4with all the leakage you normally associate with a CO2 plinker..

Would be my least fav choice due to power source and presumably low power output and limited range options.
    Compact, discreet and urban would suggest to me short range around buildings giving the lower power CP2 a good chance at hitting the mark. Apparently in rifle format you can expect around 9ftlb but I will crono it later to confirm.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk