Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Compact multi shot PCP

+1 for the Vermy - fast biathlon cocking, 100+ shots per fill, adjustable power as standard (6/9/12 fpe), adjustable length of pull

Randy Bohannon is offline “Junes1 is a whining bellend”
    Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    That's what I have been looking for ever since I had to get rid of the brocock fox we need the fox reinvented to a keep within the law maybes with the stock forming some type of bottle? and maybes using the old Tac just as a pellet holder? signal shot mag?

I've looked that up, that would have been handy...
    "An infinite number of monkeys banging away at type writers for an infinite period of time will eventually reproduce Hamlet" Thanks to discussion forums we now know this to be untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    I'd go with chatting Ryan up about his Ultra, Lord Flash.

Personally, I don't like the TDR one little bit, or the fragile & leaking FX Vermy MK1. :: thumbs down ::

Spot on top post!
    Ah, explain Mr McNote!

I have heard mixed reports about both these rifles and they both rifles that I have looked at more than once!

Men in my position don't do "hi-viz".

"An infinite number of monkeys banging away at type writers for an infinite period of time will eventually reproduce Hamlet" Thanks to discussion forums we now know this to be untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Bohannon View Post
    Ah, explain Mr McNote!

I have heard mixed reports about both these rifles and they both rifles that I have looked at more than once!

Men in my position don't do "hi-viz".

Not even dayglo mankinis....
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    Not even dayglo mankinis....
    Quite so, I have people to do these things for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason View Post
    How about a Pheonix fast fire 10 with my little pony stickers on it?
    that has to be the ugliest rifle I have seen in my whole life...

The... " action" cocking function, for want of a better phrase, seems a bit crap too; doesn't the pistol grip move about when you are on aim?

The... " action" cocking function
    Intuitive then?

Sounds like a winner
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    Intuitive then?

Sounds like a winner
    All men are either liars or wankers Rich.

Of course there are then those who are both.

If you can find one of them Viking bullpups Huub made you have about as short gun as it gets (50-60cm models were made). Add camo dip and they are really hard to spot if your wear camo jacket. Another option for short is Benjamin Marauder pistol with bullpup kit, 49 cm total length.

Viking-1
    Viking Mk2 .177/.22 bullpup, BSA Scorpion SE .177, BSA Scorpion .25 100M gun, BSA Scorpion .224 100fpe 100M gun,
    Evanix Blizzard .257/.357 200M BR, Evanix Sniper X2 .45 at 270 fpe

Quote Originally Posted by riku View Post
    If you can find one of them Viking bullpups Huub made you have about as short gun as it gets (50-60cm models were made). Add camo dip and they are really hard to spot if your wear camo jacket. Another option for short is Benjamin Marauder pistol with bullpup kit, 49 cm total length.

Viking-1

Interesting.

Would that be 6 ftlbs then?

Interesting.

Would that be 6 ftlbs then?
    Mine is shooting at 20 fpe but there were 60cm long 12 fpe UK versions made. Although I bought mine from UK and it did 11 fpe and was 50 cm long
    Viking Mk2 .177/.22 bullpup, BSA Scorpion SE .177, BSA Scorpion .25 100M gun, BSA Scorpion .224 100fpe 100M gun,
    Evanix Blizzard .257/.357 200M BR, Evanix Sniper X2 .45 at 270 fpe

Quote Originally Posted by riku View Post
    Mine is shooting at 20 fpe but there were 60cm long 12 fpe UK versions made. Although I bought mine from UK and it did 11 fpe and was 50 cm long

Ah, didn't realise where you were.

I think if it is a pistol it has to be 6ftlbs even if you fit a stock to take it above 60cm.

I'm not sure on the law for airguns however so maybe the definition of a "short firearm" is different for air guns than for powder burning arms.

Or maybe the guy who sold you the gun was just a naughty boy.

Not this again. If it is designed to be shot with 2 hands it is a rifle and can be up to 12ftlb. One hand means a pistol and up to 6ftlb. Over these limits it is FAC job and the home office say it should have a 30cm barrel and be 60cm overall or be a handgun, which they won't licence you for. Under legal limit rifles and pistols are not classed as handguns.

BB

Quote Originally Posted by Black Beard View Post
    Not this again. If it is designed to be shot with 2 hands it is a rifle and can be up to 12ftlb. One hand means a pistol and up to 6ftlb. Over these limits it is FAC job and the home office say it should have a 30cm barrel and be 60cm overall or be a handgun, which they won't licence you for. Under legal limit rifles and pistols are not classed as handguns.

BB
    I wasn't part of it the first time so forgive me.

Under UK firearms law there is no "designed to be shot with one hand or two hands" thing, it goes purely on length.

Is that the situation for airguns, or perhaps you might me point me to the legislation?

I wasn't part of it the first time so forgive me.

Under UK firearms law there is no "designed to be shot with one hand or two hands" thing, it goes purely on length.

Is that the situation for airguns, or perhaps you might me point me to the legislation?
    I think it is common law. Might be in the accompanying notes on various firearms acts in the distant past. A pistol or rifle can be any length but they must all be over 60cm long unless a muzzle loader or a legal limit airgun. Muzzle loaders and airguns were given an exception to the 1997 act. This act introduced the idea of a handgun and superimposed it on existing laws. It did not replace the definition of a pistol or rifle. This is what you get when laws are written for political reasons.