Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Compact multi shot PCP

compact pcp

Kalibre cricket highish shot count accurate and 27 inches I think.
    mk2 rapid.22

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Bohannon View Post
    Ah, explain Mr McNote!

I have heard mixed reports about both these rifles and they both rifles that I have looked at more than once!

Men in my position don't do "hi-viz".

I bought a AA TDR on the rebound and hated the thing. Buttstock was fiddly to attach, allen key required to fit the moderator onto the pencil-thin barrel, by which time the thing was horribly long, skinny and straight like a broomstick. If you don't need it to 'take down', in my opinion it's much more horrible, expensive and with a lower shot-count, than a standard S410.

The MK1 Vermy was crap in different ways... very accurate, but always leaking air... the fairly pointless tiny front cylinder is connected to the big buttstock cylinder by a fragile steampunk arrangement of copper pipes. The bottle stock is tricky to attach, and contains o rings that are virtually impossible to see, never mind replace. Removing the butt releases all the air from the front cylinder and pipes in an alarming manner that likely damages the impossible o rings. Although the Vermy is sold as a TDR, many owners recommend keeping it in one piece for those reasons. If it don't leak - don't disturb it! Also the cocking action didn't feel very robust, and when uncocked, something in there rattles back & forth like a loose spring...

brocock bantam. I have the hilite in 22 and the lightest gun in my collection by a mile and very good shot count aswell
    hw100kt laminate adj cheekpiece version-22, bsa r10 black pepper-22
    wolverine mk1-177, wolverine mk2-22, bsa r10 se black pepper-177
    gunpower stealth-22, brocock bantam hilite-22, at44 single shot-25

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    I bought a AA TDR on the rebound and hated the thing. Buttstock was fiddly to attach, allen key required to fit the moderator onto the pencil-thin barrel, by which time the thing was horribly long, skinny and straight like a broomstick. If you don't need it to 'take down', in my opinion it's much more horrible, expensive and with a lower shot-count, than a standard S410.

The MK1 Vermy was crap in different ways... very accurate, but always leaking air... the fairly pointless tiny front cylinder is connected to the big buttstock cylinder by a fragile steampunk arrangement of copper pipes. The bottle stock is tricky to attach, and contains o rings that are virtually impossible to see, never mind replace. Removing the butt releases all the air from the front cylinder and pipes in an alarming manner that likely damages the impossible o rings. Although the Vermy is sold as a TDR, many owners recommend keeping it in one piece for those reasons. If it don't leak - don't disturb it! Also the cocking action didn't feel very robust, and when uncocked, something in there rattles back & forth like a loose spring...
    Only got a vermy, so can't comment on the AA, the 'rattle' is caused by the hammer spring, same as most of the FX range, the biathlon cocking system is robust enough, it's lasted well on both my Cyclone and the vermy, each get at least 50 shots through them during the week - I've owned the Cyclone for about 8 years and the Vermy for 2, nearly 3 thinking about it, true, I don't take it down each time (loses about 10 Bar each time) but as it fits easily into a small 'swiss arms' bag with a silencer and large scope fitted no need to.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham

Obviously that 'thing' would be section 5 on these islands, Harvey.

Quote Originally Posted by SuffolkRifle View Post
    Only got a vermy, so can't comment on the AA, the 'rattle' is caused by the hammer spring, same as most of the FX range, the biathlon cocking system is robust enough, it's lasted well on both my Cyclone and the vermy, each get at least 50 shots through them during the week - I've owned the Cyclone for about 8 years and the Vermy for 2, nearly 3 thinking about it, true, I don't take it down each time (loses about 10 Bar each time) but as it fits easily into a small 'swiss arms' bag with a silencer and large scope fitted no need to.
    Fair point on the hammer spring. I have heard that it's a deliberate FX design, to make for a very light hammer action - but to me, it was annoying - like a loose spring in a biro.