Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
I think the NSRA may well use the ISSF rules for supported eventually, we did after all translate them for them a couple of years ago and I know John Lloyd was really interested, I'm just bemused by the NSRA's bench rest rules, which are "different", perhaps they follow the very UK mantra of "if its broke why mend it?"

I'm of course too young to shoot supported, do I hear laughter coming from the north?

Have Fun
Robin
Yes indeed - much laughter here in the north!

At your tender age (Happy Birthday - sorry I missed it at the weekend) you are now entitled to officially sit down and shoot under the ISSF rested shooting rules, something that Paul and I would like to do too - but we are too young and we will have to wait a little longer before we can enjoy a good sit down (and slice of cake?) whilst shooting our rested air rifles!

Your interpretation of the NSRA attitude "if its broke why mend it" made me smile, but as far as the rested shooting discipline is concerned it is hard to understand why our national organisation would want to take on the work load of making new rules when a time proven set already exists and can be used for free - and right now with no further delays!