This is a gun you may not have considered, the cartridge (based on the 7.62 by 39) looks too small to be a serious long range or hunting calibre, however, american shooters have been routinely shooting 1000 yard matches and hunting whitetail deer and feral pig with it (admitedly mainly using AR 15 derived guns as the round was developed around this platform to fit AR 15 magazines.
I have just taken delivery of one of the standard barrelled 22 inch mini action 1500's and first impressions are very good, the gun is smaller than the short action and lighter, the pillar bedded overmoulded stock is not hougue but is very comfortable with a good but pad. The HACT trigger is crisp with no creep although I may replace the springs to reduce the weight slightly. The ballistics of the 6.5 make it a very serious contender, the mini action is probably a much better hunting rifle than a target shooter, I will let you know how it shoots but if it is anything like my 1500 .243 I will be delighted as that is a 0.5 moa shooter.