Thread: Webley MKVI Service Revolver co2 .177 pellet reccomendation

Webley MKVI Service Revolver co2 .177 pellet reccomendation

I have just ordered the MKVI revolver in .177 pellet,does anybody have any reccomendations for pellet type/weight/brand ,thanks in advance.

I have one.

TBH the design means that it is not a target pistol in any sense - although it is accurate enough for the replica it is.

Think about it - the pellets are inserted into shells and then discharged through a gap before reaching the barrel.

Therefore don't worry too much about which pellets to use - price is probably your best guide.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post

I have one.

TBH the design means that it is not a target pistol in any sense - although it is accurate enough for the replica it is.

Think about it - the pellets are inserted into shells and then discharged through a gap before reaching the barrel.

Therefore don't worry too much about which pellets to use - price is probably your best guide.
    Which is why I went for the BB version for my Webley MkVI, my Peacemaker, and my Dan Wesson Colt, as imho, buying pellet versions of all the aforementioned is like a broken pencil: pointless.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Thanks for your replies.

Quote Originally Posted by nrj. View Post

Thanks for your replies.
    You are most welcome, and for the record, with it's rifled barrel, it is undeniable that your pellet pistol will be more accurate than my smooth bore BB gun, so don't mind my offering as above, as it omitted two very important considerations, namely that BB shot are significantly cheaper than pellets, and most importantly, that I'm a cheap-skate (lol).

Enjoy your wonderful new pistol my friend, enjoy.

Last edited by Gareth W-B; 07-10-2017 at 07:50 AM. Reason: coz I can :-D

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Geco's seem to work well in all these co2 replicas. Cheap too

I should add in relation to my post above that I think it is a really great pistol both to look at and for enjoyable plinking.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post

I should add in relation to my post above that I think it is a really great pistol both to look at and for enjoyable plinking.
    ^^^^^ Yep, this. Whether your pistol be BB firing or pellet, 100% agree. ^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by AdeC View Post
    Geco's seem to work well in all these co2 replicas. Cheap too
    I'll certainly pick up a tin,they look like a good option for a relatively low powered revolver at 7gr and very good value for money,thanks.
    I am really looking forward to getting the gun,shot one at my local range and it really was fun,I have ordered the battle field finish,just looked more blued rather than painted.The only thing that I thought slightly let down the whole package was the very new looking plastic grips but It doesn't put me off,I might even try to 'distress' them myself to complete the look.
    Should get the gun in about 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by nrj. View Post

I am really looking forward to getting the gun,shot one at my local range and it really was fun,I have ordered the battle field finish,just looked more blued rather than painted. The only thing that I thought slightly let down the whole package was the very new looking plastic grips but It doesn't put me off, I might even try to 'distress' them myself to complete the look. Should get the gun in about 2 weeks.
    Hi again. Yes, I completely agree with you ref the grips on the battle field version. I currently have a second Service on its way to me, too, which is also in battlefield finish, which I bought from BBS member chris u'5, who has done a lovely job of lightly distressing the grips.

This in mind then, have a search via the search facility, my user name, or chris u'5's user name for the sale advert in question, as in the ales section, have a look at the photos, and if the finish given to the grips appeals to you, drop Chris a p-m and ask for the specifics of how he achieved this look.

Atb: G.

Last edited by Gareth W-B; 08-10-2017 at 12:50 PM. Reason: to correct incorrectly quoted BBS user name for Chris.

Thankyou,I will follow that up.