Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brno Tau 7 Target Pistol, .177, CO2 powered

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    If you have a long vision prescription pistol glasses make a big difference, get the lens to focus for distance to foresight, I have an old pair of Knoblochs, much better than Varga's, they've been repaired, but good condition, with 37 mm pistol lens holder, and blinder adjustable for all positions, They are my spare pair for kids we coach, but not been used for years, you can have them for £50 posted

email me on robin.carter80@ntlworld.com

Have Fun
    Robin
    Thank you Robin I am now sorted glasses wise in one of the post I've received along with PM all with very good information my eyes are not to bad and with the right lens in my right lens I should be ok thankyou for offering your stand by optics very kind of you thanks from Frank
    Ex Royal Navy Retired have fun while it lasts."I Do"
    B.S.A.R Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    I found the pilkguns website invaluable for learning technique without any help. The lad has a way with words
    http://www.pilkguns.com/pistolcoaching-shtml/
    Definitely start with the hitchhiker guide... it's brilliant.
    I had little to no 1-1 coaching and with reading e everything I could find and practising A LOT, my on after 6 months this was 86 which I thought was not too shabby.
    If your gun has a dry fire feature you can practise in the house... let off is probably the most important part of pistol shooting... you can practise with just a black dot on a wall - it doesn't even have to be 10m, you are just getting your mind and your finger engaged - or disengaged as the case may be - totally zen man !!!
    Hi Donld and thanks for the heads up on pilk guide what a gold nugget for some one starting out I've tried the blank wall raising your arm while eyes are shut I have now got my natural and comfortable arm position with no pistol in my hand next step will be to place pistol in my hand in such a way that it to is comfortable and natural with my posture so once that's done.I can move on to trigger.
    Which brings me on to dry firing to get practise at trigger control so how do I dry fire my pistol please do I wait till c02 run out so I csn use trigger as with c02 charged I could not possibly shoot pistol in the house Wife would moan alot any help please guys.

PS the pistol No is TAU--7 T91124 calibre 177
    Czech Republic
    Can't find any more numbers unless they are under
    Front or rear grips which Im frighten to take off at moment incase somthing flies out yes a real novices
    Don't want to break owt so any information on my pistol Age. model. As it got a dry firing button I don't know thanks again
    From frank
    Ex Royal Navy Retired have fun while it lasts."I Do"
    B.S.A.R Member

No dry fire button as such.

Follow the second link that I provided in post #4. That is a Pilkgun guide to the Tau 7, it shows how to make a dry fire device, which seems to be a means of preventing the cocked hammer from stricking the gas valve. Not made one myself, but looks viable if you want that option.

Nice one Frank. It's very addictive and therapeutic.
    Once you've had a bit of practice there's loads of postal competitions you can shoot. Search for a thread called the muscle power league.
    What the wife don't know won't hurt �� maybe a loft range conversion is in order!
    Donald