Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sussex Interclub HFT 2017 - individual tables FINAL

I so agree with both Roger and Mike. If I didn't have HFT and all the fabulous friends I have made over the years, I really don't know how I would have coped!
    It's given me a focus when I thought I had nothing. So thank you to all of you for being there for me!! x
    Jean
    M.A.D./AIR ARMS team. Spirit of HFT 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamGenie View Post
    I so agree with both Roger and Mike. If I didn't have HFT and all the fabulous friends I have made over the years, I really don't know how I would have coped!
    It's given me a focus when I thought I had nothing. So thank you to all of you for being there for me!! x
    hi Jean, I have to say that I have a perfect example of that as I had my hernia operation yesterday and because of my low oxygen levels the did it with a spinal block. Danny Rolf insisted that I need someone to give me a lift home from the hospital instead of getting a cab. He told me that that he would collect me and make sure I got home safely because I live in a second floor flat. The hospital told me that he should get there for 1 pm but as they gave the spinal block my legs didnt come back to life until about 7pm. I couldn't pass urine because i had no feeling anywhere and when I went to rip off the paper knickers I had to wear for the op and use the bed bottle. I didnt know they had already been removed and that paper I tried to pull off was actually my penis which was also paralysed. Danny was awesome and just sat with me all the time and when I had a go standing I nearly passed out with pain, the paracetamol clearly wasn't enough and the nurse gave me morphine. When the nurse realised that no body was going to be staying with me she said no way can we release you as you are in no shape to be left alone. Danny just stepped up and said he would stay at my flat with me and make sure I was settled before he left this morning. What a awesome friend and his lovely missus whos never met me just made me a great stew, treacle pudding and changed her plans so Danny could stay with me and kept me safe.

I am so grateful and your post reiterates how wonderful the HFT fraternity are, I could never imagined that this is how we look after each other when I took up shooting about 4 years ago just because it is a sport that introduced me to people who didnt always drink or take drugs cos I had a mental break down about ten years ago and spent a couple of years homeless even though I had given up drinking. In fact so many lovely HFT people have turned my life around from the battle to find excuses not to top myself. Thanks for having me
    Does anyone know how to contact doughnuts Anonymous cos I just cant seem to give them up and may be a 0 addict

Rex's hernia!

As we all know, there are a few truly fantastic people in the HFT world!!
    Danny is definitely one of them - always a guy who will do anything for anyone, and loves the sport that is HFT.
    Glad you had him with you Rex, and well done Danny on your caring, helpful attitude. We all know Rex needs a lot of caring!!!!!!!!!
    Get well soon Rex and come and show the others how to shoot springers!!!!!!!!!!
    Not forgetting the others who will give you any help if you ask for it!!!!! x
    Jean

Alegazmoz is offline Southern Hunter Burger Tester

Someone round 'ere is cuttin' up onions!

I just got a bit of dust in my eye....

Good job you didn't have Simmo with you, else not only would he have made you walk home but he would insist you pick him up some 'bits' from tesco express on the way...
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

You guys crack me up!!! I can just imagine Andy doing that!!!!!!!!!

Seriously (???) we do sometimes like to thank you tough guys who, when the chips are down, will move heaven and earth to help a mate out.
    Jean

Thanks just aint enough

Thought I'd say my piece just in case I don't make it.
    HFT has made my weekends a fantastic time to look forward to, yeah I don't say much & known as a grumy sh*t at times but shooting,especially comps, makes my week.
    Met a load of nice, helpful people along the last two years, taken advice & ignored (at my exspense ;-) ) but it's a curved ball to learn.

Having had surgery on my spine a few years back now I have permanent damage but now on my left, got a herniated disc at the moment & the last 2 weeks have been murder, my lad Gabriel, once said he's never seen me cry, well he has now.
    I also do the HFT thing for him, seeing he has come a long way in the short time he's been shooting & he's still chasing Wes (well done lad!), he's only young but can take anything thrown at him.

I haven't done much in two weeks as the pain is just too much at times but I shall see how I am in the morning & try & make it if just for Gabes 'fun shoot'.
    You guys do so much sorting these comps out it's the least I can do to be a fly in the ointment ;-)

Rex get better soon, Roger, it's great to see how you got through it even though I didn't know myself, well done so far matey.

All sounds a bit soppy now I've typed it but all the best if I don't make it.
    Special thanks to Biggles,Charles wouldn't be the same without you two ;-)

Oh Ewan like torture to me, I am so sorry to hear that. I can't imagine life without HFT banter and boinging but if you really get desperate on the 4th sarturday of the month there is a supported hft at Lea Valley where people can use any support like tripods and chairs or even mobility scooters as long as you can touch the peg if asked to, At least its a shoot and it has some interesting targets which are the size of the kill plus 25yds except the golden bunny where it can be plus 35 yds.

As for the other comments they had me crack up as yes I can definitely see Andy doing that. Because I am sure one of his measures of a successful course is now has he managed to make Rex break a stool and end up in the bushes or on my ass somewhere. I will be back though and although I am doing something unnatural which is being sensible I have the added encouragement that I am so swollen down below, its like I am sitting on a space hopper. I may even have to go gay for a while and borrow a pcp until I can man up and shoot Amy again.
    Does anyone know how to contact doughnuts Anonymous cos I just cant seem to give them up and may be a 0 addict

Quote Originally Posted by EwanH View Post
    Thought I'd say my piece just in case I don't make it.
    HFT has made my weekends a fantastic time to look forward to, yeah I don't say much & known as a grumy sh*t at times but shooting,especially comps, makes my week.
    Met a load of nice, helpful people along the last two years, taken advice & ignored (at my exspense ;-) ) but it's a curved ball to learn.

Having had surgery on my spine a few years back now I have permanent damage but now on my left, got a herniated disc at the moment & the last 2 weeks have been murder, my lad Gabriel, once said he's never seen me cry, well he has now.
    I also do the HFT thing for him, seeing he has come a long way in the short time he's been shooting & he's still chasing Wes (well done lad!), he's only young but can take anything thrown at him.

I haven't done much in two weeks as the pain is just too much at times but I shall see how I am in the morning & try & make it if just for Gabes 'fun shoot'.
    You guys do so much sorting these comps out it's the least I can do to be a fly in the ointment ;-)

Rex get better soon, Roger, it's great to see how you got through it even though I didn't know myself, well done so far matey.

All sounds a bit soppy now I've typed it but all the best if I don't make it.
    Special thanks to Biggles,Charles wouldn't be the same without you two ;-)
    Cheers Rex, I dare say things will improve so I can just get on with it, miss my HFT for now but something to look forward to.
    Just seen my lad got a trophy & Dan Hawes collected it for me, really chuffed for Gabriel, thanks to all concerned as that will make his day, we are both very proud how he done.

Thanks to all the 'team' who make these events possible that make my weekends.
    Atb

Quote Originally Posted by Rex&Amy View Post
    hi Jean, I have to say that I have a perfect example of that as I had my hernia operation yesterday and because of my low oxygen levels the did it with a spinal block. Danny Rolf insisted that I need someone to give me a lift home from the hospital instead of getting a cab. He told me that that he would collect me and make sure I got home safely because I live in a second floor flat. The hospital told me that he should get there for 1 pm but as they gave the spinal block my legs didnt come back to life until about 7pm. I couldn't pass urine because i had no feeling anywhere and when I went to rip off the paper knickers I had to wear for the op and use the bed bottle. I didnt know they had already been removed and that paper I tried to pull off was actually my penis which was also paralysed. Danny was awesome and just sat with me all the time and when I had a go standing I nearly passed out with pain, the paracetamol clearly wasn't enough and the nurse gave me morphine. When the nurse realised that no body was going to be staying with me she said no way can we release you as you are in no shape to be left alone. Danny just stepped up and said he would stay at my flat with me and make sure I was settled before he left this morning. What a awesome friend and his lovely missus whos never met me just made me a great stew, treacle pudding and changed her plans so Danny could stay with me and kept me safe.

I am so grateful and your post reiterates how wonderful the HFT fraternity are, I could never imagined that this is how we look after each other when I took up shooting about 4 years ago just because it is a sport that introduced me to people who didnt always drink or take drugs cos I had a mental break down about ten years ago and spent a couple of years homeless even though I had given up drinking. In fact so many lovely HFT people have turned my life around from the battle to find excuses not to top myself. Thanks for having me
    Someone told me about this post yesterday at MAD... must admit I don't read the forums much.
    Thankyou for kind words Rex and Auntie Jean...
    I love this sport and more importantly the people... You all have helped me in so many ways...I'm honoured to call you all friends
    TX200 22mm piston PROSPORT 22mm
    AIR ARMS RSN MEMORIAL RECOIL WINNER 2018-------SUCK IT CHILLY
    Danny Does Things on Youtube