Quote Originally Posted by danco1987 View Post
I wrote to my MP today expressing my deep concern at the damaging effect any form of licensing of low powered air rifles would have on shooting as a sport and as a valuable industry to the UK economy. I also stressed that air rifles are vital for entry level shooters before progressing onto licensed powder burning firearms, detailed how offences involving airguns are continuing to decline and any potential licensing of low powered airguns would only prove to be a hugely expensive burden on police forces and would have zero impact on the criminal minority. I asked for confirmation that he would be rejecting any calls for licensing of low powered air rifles and his views on how to best preserve shooting for future generations.

Reading the HO news it doesn't sound like licensing is on the horizon, only that it will be discussed which I'm sure it has before. However, I thought it would be best to push back against any mention of licensing as soon as possible and hope the shooting organisations are straight on the case in preparation for this unnecessary review.

It took 15 mins chaps to ping off an email to my local MP and suggest everyone else does the same.
I have also e-mail my MP lets see what happens.