Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UK Shooting News - aka Parliamentary Air Rifle Debate

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

UK Shooting News - aka Parliamentary Air Rifle Debate

Is anyone able to put up a link to the new article in UK shooting News, I have very limited computer skills, belive me it is
    A real b*****d
    Last edited by bullbarrel; 12-10-2017 at 05:35 PM.

Thanks mrto.

I think that interpretation is a bit ott.

The govt news.

And the Hansard discussion.

Fingers crossed our organisations are giving it a combined response.

Quote Originally Posted by bullbarrel View Post

The govt news.

i hope the english government listen to both sides and not do a scottish one and push it through anyway .

"cite the Scottish airgun licensing scheme as a potential model to follow."

a loss making exercise that has no traceability. no serial numbers ,rifle maker or model numbers on the license . nothing to stop some one going in and buying their mate a rifle from a shop and give it to their non licensed friend's.

putting them on FAC as in the current FAC air is may work to stop people buying them and passing them on to unlicensed people but that is not how the scottish one works .

i hope the english government listen to you and the shooting organisations . the scottish government did not listen to us scots and a fair number of the english that tried to help stop it (thanks for your time ,it was appreciated).

i for will help to stop it if it comes to you guys in england and wales too .

paul

p.s this is what my scottish airgun license says . https://www.dropbox.com/s/0qv5antdz6...05842.jpg?dl=0 others may say different for example people that shoot in clubs. as you can see there is no traceability at all.
    Last edited by bighit; 10-10-2017 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bullbarrel View Post

The govt news.

Can you honestly see the various organisations getting together to give it a response, you'd need the UKHFT, BFTA, BASC, NSRA & the magazines (plus all the ones I've not mentioned) all kicking up a fuss together & 'singing from the same song-sheet'.

From statement - "the Minister confirmed he would be meeting Benjamin Wragge’s family later this year to listen to their views." - While I have enormous sympathy for the family, has the Minister never heard the expression - Hard cases make bad law - A quick look at the knee-jerk legislation we currently have adequately makes the point.

Quote Originally Posted by SuffolkRifle View Post
    Can you honestly see the various organisations getting together to give it a response, you'd need the UKHFT, BFTA, BASC, NSRA & the magazines (plus all the ones I've not mentioned) all kicking up a fuss together & 'singing from the same song-sheet'.
    Certainly BASC, NRA, NSRA, CPSA, GTA and others worked through a single contact point (British Shooting Sports Council) during the Cumbrian shooting and that seemed to work well.

Quote Originally Posted by SuffolkRifle View Post
    Can you honestly see the various organisations getting together to give it a response ...
    Yes I can. The process is already underway. Full details will emerge when the response is finalised.
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge

Parliamentary Air Rifle Debate

With over 41,000 members of this forum we as a group are powerful political lobbying unit if we use it by each individual writing or e-mailing to your PM telling them what you think of this possible change in the legislation in a calm and cool manner pointing out that you are a member of the most law abiding and closely monitored section of the community in this country.
    They just look at most of the organisations with distain and that they are only looking after their own backs and jobs.
    Where you as voters can make an impact which they will not be expecting because we have never e-mailed or written to them as individuals expressing our opinion on the effect it will have on you personally and the possibility of it ruining your sport completely unnecessarily and only impacting on the law abiding and will not affect those who choose or are stupid enough to carry out criminal or idiotic actions with what is a tool to us who use it for target shooting or pest control operations.
    The effect on the six hundred MP's having to reply to 41,000 letters or e-mails would at the very least get us noticed and they need your vote, if indeed every everyone who had SGC, FAC or was an Airgun owner or user was to write to their MP the receipt of over a million e-mails or letters would shake them to the core.
    But I don't suppose for one minute you will do it because you don't care enough about your sport to spare a few minutes to write or e-mail your MP.

We tried it with the Scottish legislation and it landed on deaf ears. Some non Scottish members on here even Joking about selling our guns south of the border.
    The empathetic attitude of a British citizen should not be underestimated. It's taken the government about 70 years to get us programmed to this level.
    Good luck with your efforts. I will sign any online petition you have, but Unfortunately for us north of the wall, it's too late for writing to mp's
    Donald

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    We tried it with the Scottish legislation and it landed on deaf ears. Some non Scottish members on here even Joking about selling our guns south of the border.
    The empathetic attitude of a British citizen should not be underestimated. It's taken the government about 70 years to get us programmed to this level.
    Good luck with your efforts. I will sign any online petition you have, but Unfortunately for us north of the wall, it's too late for writing to mp's
    correct. there was a lot of english shooters who tried to help us scot but as you say a few thought they would get a cheap rifle from it and some even gloated about on here .

as donald has said ,i too will try and help if i can if they try to do the same to english shooters as they did to us scots .

Quote Originally Posted by Fronteria View Post
    With over 41,000 members of this forum we as a group are powerful political lobbying unit if we use it by each individual writing or e-mailing to your PM telling them what you think of this possible change in the legislation in a calm and cool manner pointing out that you are a member of the most law abiding and closely monitored section of the community in this country.
    They just look at most of the organisations with distain and that they are only looking after their own backs and jobs.
    Where you as voters can make an impact which they will not be expecting because we have never e-mailed or written to them as individuals expressing our opinion on the effect it will have on you personally and the possibility of it ruining your sport completely unnecessarily and only impacting on the law abiding and will not affect those who choose or are stupid enough to carry out criminal or idiotic actions with what is a tool to us who use it for target shooting or pest control operations.
    The effect on the six hundred MP's having to reply to 41,000 letters or e-mails would at the very least get us noticed and they need your vote, if indeed every everyone who had SGC, FAC or was an Airgun owner or user was to write to their MP the receipt of over a million e-mails or letters would shake them to the core.
    But I don't suppose for one minute you will do it because you don't care enough about your sport to spare a few minutes to write or e-mail your MP.
    I wrote to my MP today expressing my deep concern at the damaging effect any form of licensing of low powered air rifles would have on shooting as a sport and as a valuable industry to the UK economy. I also stressed that air rifles are vital for entry level shooters before progressing onto licensed powder burning firearms, detailed how offences involving airguns are continuing to decline and any potential licensing of low powered airguns would only prove to be a hugely expensive burden on police forces and would have zero impact on the criminal minority. I asked for confirmation that he would be rejecting any calls for licensing of low powered air rifles and his views on how to best preserve shooting for future generations.

Reading the HO news it doesn't sound like licensing is on the horizon, only that it will be discussed which I'm sure it has before. However, I thought it would be best to push back against any mention of licensing as soon as possible and hope the shooting organisations are straight on the case in preparation for this unnecessary review.

It took 15 mins chaps to ping off an email to my local MP and suggest everyone else does the same.
    Danny
    My collection = Ratworks BSA Scorpion T-10 .177, HW100KS .177 (tweaked by me), PP750, Crosman 1322 and 1377

Write to mp

Danny can you put up a copy of your lett so we can use it to send to all mp's
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Oldbean View Post
    Danny can you put up a copy of your lett so we can use it to send to all mp's
    Cheers
    I was just about to ask the sane thing.