Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
Well Mr ooopz for a start the 12fpe limit was asked for by the UK airgun industry in the 1960's iirc, to stop the import of more powerful foreign airguns it had absolutely nothing to do with "criminal use" as you claim.
I stand corrected, but my reading showed that it came about as a result of some one shooting at building site workers. Unfortunately I can't reference it as it was way back.

Country sports are under represented because in real terms only a minority of people do them, and of those that do some of us would gladly see certain others banned outright,.
This is exactly why there's a need for the various groups to band together. The substance of suggestion was that the various sporting bodies worked together where ever they could find common ground. Surely that would be more useful than multiple disparate approaches?

I personally will never support an organisation that supports hunting with dogs.[/QUOTE]
I'm sure many feel that way on a number of issues, I'm not too keen on fox hunting. As a member of a given body you'd have the the option of reflecting your opinion when voting to approve or disapprove the offerings put before you

This whole thread is largely mass hysterics to something that has not been said, indeed the minister involved stated himself at the time that we already have extremely tight rules, the problem is that idiots don't abide by them.
I respect your opinion but I respectfully disagree with you. I read what the minister said, IMHO as a politician his words are worthless until his chosen course of action is in front of us.

Idiots will always be amongst us, the issue is ensuring that their actions don't penalise the rest of us. I'd prefer to see measured, proactive responses to these situation rather than rely on the benevolence of a politician.

I can't speak for other people but my post was intended to draw attention to what I feel is a much bigger picture than a single issue. However this single issue is clearly important to many people, including my self because the perception is it'll be used against us