View Poll Results: How many will admit to shooting their crono?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I have

100 60.61%
  • No I am not that thick

62 37.58%
  • Fifth amendment eating pie

3 1.82%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Truthful Answer Please.

Just thought, it's the only thing we point our guns at and try to miss ? ? ?
    Rust never sleeps !

I tape mine on securely with electrical tape as I dont trust elastic bands. So far not had a problem..

you can have the best gun, bike, car anything in fact but its the person using it that counts. just because you have a million pound gun dosnt mean you will hit every time its the person shooting it that counts. getting out there and shooting is what counts if you know what I mean. walk the walk not talk the talk
    hw100kt laminate adj cheekpiece version-22, bsa r10 black pepper-22
    wolverine mk1-177, wolverine mk2-22, bsa r10 se black pepper-177
    gunpower stealth-22, brocock bantam hilite-22, at44 single shot-25

No., Not shot my chronograph yet but i wouldn't say it's only thick people who do..., (although I'm sure some are ) I'd just say it's more a matter of time depending on how much u use one! I expect, at some point itle go wrong as the law of 'chaos' or 'sods' it'll probably happen when i least need it to!! Lol
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

I believe there have been cases of a chrono being shot during the rifle checks carried out at HFT shoots ..... not by me I add.
    I guess its all down to the angle of dangle used.
    Cheers, Phil

Mmmm...5 years on the Combro and she is still intact...I wish I hadn't responded now, as sure as hell, the curse is now upon me.

Edtwozeronine is offline I say dear boy, would you mind awfully doing as you're told?

Cool

I use a block of wood with a small bean-bag style juggling ball on top, to rest my rifle's barrel on which is just above the front of the chronograph thus negating that problem. However, I dinged the front plate of my Chrony F1 with my HW75 pistol.

It'll happen to you too!
    ***Proud Member of Castleton Air Rifle Club***

I've narrowly avoided shooting the alignment tool for my combro...there is a reason why its bright yellow.

Unfortunately I did shoot my Caldwell on the first day, actually managed to clip it in a PBR 'lazy point and shoot into the backstop' blunder.
    Its tough plastic and was just grazed but an 18 grain pellet at 960fps sure does rattle around when you're standing in the shed with a WTF look on your face.
    And an hour or so later later a ricochet from my sub-12 came back up the path. Strike 2

bullseye �� chronos

None as yet

I shot a Target-tronics PM110 with an English bullet firing crossbow

Quote Originally Posted by Roundshot View Post
    Did it a couple of weeks ago - F1 Chrony - rear sensor plastic shroud smashed by .22" antique BSA.

Happily still works with black plastic tape over it.

Improvised a metal deflector plate for next time!
    Made one for my F1. Only go 1/2 inch down the inside or it won't close
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

I havent but I leant it to a buddy who immediatly planted a .22 through it
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Not me but back when we were free ,I loaned my chrono to a friend to check his 9mm loads for prac. He brought it back with a hole in it asking if I could fix it ,he bought me a new shiny one . I no longer loan chronos out.
    This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future! Adolph Hitler – 1933

Transferred my Combro from my moderated HW100 to my TX with no mod, got distracted and didn't realign - oops...

Then there was the time the puppy ate my Bluechron, the Mark 1, the one that actually worked

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by baffled View Post
    Yes!

And the nearside wing mirror.

Duh!!
    I took a chip out of an almost brand new UPVC window frame, peeping over the window sill to take a shot at a rat on a peanut feeder for ages I couldn't work out how I missed such an easy shot