View Poll Results: How many will admit to shooting their crono?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I have

100 60.61%
  • No I am not that thick

62 37.58%
  • Fifth amendment eating pie

3 1.82%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Truthful Answer Please.

My or "our" (went halves with my mate on it) F1 chroni has been hit a few times! Fortunately for me always on my mates half . Still keeps going though. Have now mounted in a wooden frame to prevent it happening again.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Never !
    “An airgun or two”………

timmaaah is offline I'm starting to like my arse!
    I've never shot my Chrony, but when I was more active and lent it out to other shooters/offered a free chrony session, it came back a few times with extra dents in it

CLOGGER is offline Ex proud Yorkshireman, Now soft southern shandy drinker
    There are 2 dings on the faceplate of my F1 Chrony (can't think who might have put them there), so it now has a wooden block mounted in front of it
    Clogger

I never ....

I never shot a chrony ...... until the first time ...after that it became much easier

Yup 😉. Killed 2 combros using the other half’s hair bobbles to attach it when I couldn’t find anything else.
    Daystate Renegade .177 HW100 kt .177
    FX Impact .177 kalibrgun cricket .177

shot mine twice in 10 days so lucky I have plenty of superglue
    hw100kt laminate adj cheekpiece version-22, bsa r10 black pepper-22
    wolverine mk1-177, wolverine mk2-22, bsa r10 se black pepper-177
    gunpower stealth-22, brocock bantam hilite-22, at44 single shot-25

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    I took a chip out of an almost brand new UPVC window frame, peeping over the window sill to take a shot at a rat on a peanut feeder for ages I couldn't work out how I missed such an easy shot
    I've done that too. Had to sell the house pronto before the wife found out.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

i used to shoot my air pistol in the house when my folks were out (my folks were anti gun ) and i used a thick board as a backstop. one day i forgot to put the board up an shot the wall in my room. they were just plaster board . i filled the hole and painted the area affected asi had not long painted that wall .

years later i was moving my room about and my mum dropped the headboard of my bed against the wall and the plaster fell out . she saw it and said "did you shoot that?" i said "erm yes" and she laughed . she then said she knew i had an airgun as she had seen it in the wardrobe a year or two earlier .it was replastered and painted in a different colour along with the rest of the room. that was 20 plus years ago and i still see the spot when i visit my folks.

a few years back i hit the back of the wife's car with the moderator on my .22lr putting it in the bag to head home . she never noticed for months until she was shopping and said some one had hit her car .

Just over two days to go. Come on people its time for some truth
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Shot Combro many times:

1) Held on with elastic bands, putting the rifle down flicks it such that the edge gets caught on the moderator, holding it at an angle
    2) Attached to an air stripper who's outside edge was tapered, leaving the chrono at a slight angle
    3) Repeated firing to capture the shot string slowly moves the chrono to a different part of the barrel/stripper, moving it slightly
    4) Used it on a different gun and forgot to re-adjust the height
    5) Used on a springer without sufficient strapping

Probably more I can't recall right now...

Shot Chrony F1 once. At a distance, rifle ran out of air, impacting lower than expected. Luckily hit metal.

Unhappy

Hmmm yes twice.......

Yep - I've killed two Chronys.

chrony Canada are very polite.
    "Shooters, regardless of their preferred quarry, enjoy their sport for its ability to transfer them from their day-to-day life into a world where they can lose themselves for a few hours". B Potts.