Quote Originally Posted by Peter Dunkley View Post
I appreciate that you guys have actually lost pellets into the mechanism But this is impossible on my Huntsman.
"not a regal" there is no opening. The mag fills the space also I have never had a pellet fall out of the mag. There is nowhere for it to go. Should one drop back it would rest on the action face and the probe but still be supported by the mag. I have read of your problem before but dont think it applies to the Huntsman. Mine is four years old.
Also the first movement triggers the mag then goes on to cock the action.
Fine but where does the pellet go? there is no opening into the mechanism. Get your Huntsman out and have a look and let us know.
Please.
Yep I see where you are coming from but the hole the probe comes out of is too small for a pellet. I just tried it!
Daystate must have modified the later guns. I just could not see where all these guys were losing the pellets.
Thanks.
Mine doesn't have space either.. it's a huntsman classic 2004 model I think if I remember the date correctly. I've been loading it vertically lying at the base of a tree for years & never had an issue. (Not saying it doesn't happen with daystates but it certainly isn't with mine)