Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Huntsman Regal Advice Please.

Pellet

Quote Originally Posted by airwolf1 View Post
    the pellet can tip back into the same hole in the action that the probe comes out of, hold the action up at 45 degrees, pull the bolt back as far as it will go and you will see where the pellet can go, with the bolt in the rest position its not obvious. As I said, if the magazine is loaded correctly the problem will not arise.
    Yep I see where you are coming from but the hole the probe comes out of is too small for a pellet. I just tried it!
    Daystate must have modified the later guns. I just could not see where all these guys were losing the pellets.
    Thanks.
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

I thought Daystate had modified the mechanism ....
    Cheers, Phil

I think I might strip it down and have a look ...
    Nothing is enough for the man to whom enough is too little.

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    Actually, yes, after clambering through undergrowth I seem to remember the bolt sliding backwards. Having said that, I would have thought the pellet, once engaged in the barrel would stay there?
    The pellet may have left the barrel. It doesn't take much air pressure to push it through.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    It actually does it when you cock the rifle, bolt back, magazine clicks round, pellet falls into mechanism, done it on an X2 and a Mk 3!
    I had an early Airwolf (2006?) that got sticky and eventualy jammed. When I opened it up I was amazed to see 6/7 crushed pellets in the mechanism. Daystate told me they were aware of the problem and sent me a pack of o rings, one to be placed on the probe if I rem correctly. Mmmm...

Kat.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Dunkley View Post
    I appreciate that you guys have actually lost pellets into the mechanism But this is impossible on my Huntsman.
    "not a regal" there is no opening. The mag fills the space also I have never had a pellet fall out of the mag. There is nowhere for it to go. Should one drop back it would rest on the action face and the probe but still be supported by the mag. I have read of your problem before but dont think it applies to the Huntsman. Mine is four years old.
    Also the first movement triggers the mag then goes on to cock the action.
    Fine but where does the pellet go? there is no opening into the mechanism. Get your Huntsman out and have a look and let us know.
    Please.
    Yep I see where you are coming from but the hole the probe comes out of is too small for a pellet. I just tried it!
    Daystate must have modified the later guns. I just could not see where all these guys were losing the pellets.
    Thanks.
    Mine doesn't have space either.. it's a huntsman classic 2004 model I think if I remember the date correctly. I've been loading it vertically lying at the base of a tree for years & never had an issue. (Not saying it doesn't happen with daystates but it certainly isn't with mine)
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

I think the most likely reason is that having not used it in a while the bolt was not drawn back far enough to index the mag.
    Daystates have a 2-stage bolt since they're designed to work as single shot or mag.
    Draw the bolt back until you feel resistance, then pull further against the indexing spring until it hits a hard stop to index the mag.

Easy mistake if you've been shooting other rifles a lot, or had the single shot tray in for 6 months