Thread: Hw 35 95 77

Hw 35 95 77

That '35 must be a Luxus? (no finger grooves in the front), therefore walnut?

200/200/200

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    That '35 must be a Luxus? (no finger grooves in the front), therefore walnut?

200/200/200

Thank you

Not into HW and Luxus means nothing to me , the 95 seems to have had very little use. If I were to pick one to keep, it would be the 77 as it feels like a quality underlever.

Too modern, give be a BSA or Webley pre-war anyday

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Thank you

Not into HW and Luxus means nothing to me , the 95 seems to have had very little use. If I were to pick one to keep, it would be the 77 as it feels like a quality underlever.

Too modern, give me a BSA or Webley pre-war anyday
    You're welcome, Mr B.

Well, a '35 Luxus refers to the sexy and desirable walnut Luxus stock (look at that lovely shape pistol grip ).

Having a closer butchers at the pictures - the '95K looks to be the slightly earlier, and slightly more sought-after variant (with muzzle weight rather than the later screwcut barrel).

'77 looks to be full-length, and an earlyish version (MK2, I think), which should contain the (once again) more desirable 25mm piston... newer '77s have 26mm pistons, that just don't shoot as nicely at the UK limit.

I realise that wasn't what you're asking - so back to a ballpark price: From what I can see there, I wouldn't be surprised to see them on a table sale, marked at 250 each. But would expect them to sell after a haggle at nearer the 200 mark.

Hopefully you'll receive other opinions tomorrow.

Phil

Dependant on the actual condition anywhere between £175 and £225. A mate picked up a very clean HW35 Vixen Luxus for £225 at the last fair.

Choice wise it depends what you're looking for out of a gun. If I was to choose one for the best action, accuracy and potential it'd be the 77. If I was to pick the most iconic with the focus on pure desirability it'd have to be the 35. However, if I was after a gun for shootability and fun it'd be the 85.

Are they going to be there on Sunday?

Average examples Pete.
    If anyone offers you £200 each snap their hand off.

Thanks for that chaps, unlikely that they will be at the Fair but I will pass on the info and see

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Hi Pete l sold a 77 at the last Melbourne fair in average condition bluing wise and knocks and chips to the stock with scope and no rear sight for £150 hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    Hi Pete l sold a 77 at the last Melbourne fair in average condition bluing wise and knocks and chips to the stock with scope and no rear sight for £150 hope this helps.
    Only helps if you are buying Micky
    Thanks

Best regards for tomorrow Mr Binners. Pedantic maybe but calibre can be a clincher with those very nice rifles and the 77 appears to have the later Mklll stock and push button underlever release.
    Shame it's four hour drive for me.

Worse than living here then.
    I turn left and hit the sea.

I used to live in the Midlands which was handy for most places-except the sea.