Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hw77 or hw57 ??

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    could this be the start of an "old but new 99 style revival"? with reams apon reams of 57 threads washing down the general airgun page like the waters of niagra falls???? fashion is such a wonderful thing..., still cant beet a nice 99.. especialy in >>.22<< https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...=24&ajaxhist=0
    Beats page after page of dodgy Gaystate problems...

The loading port can be a problem if it is put in the wrong way around (taper on the hole should go to the back) or it gets dirt under it (bits of skirt chopped off because the port was backwards).

Mine shoots well. Accuracy is good with the right pellets. I wouldn't do a 50 yard shot on live targets with any lightweight springer.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Beard View Post
    Mine shoots well. Accuracy is good with the right pellets. I wouldn't do a 50 yard shot on live targets with any lightweight springer.
    I found the same with one I had years ago. Not as good as the other three, all of which direct load into the barrel, but sub 1/2" at 30 yards.

Yeah, 50 yards is way too far with a 12 FP springer, lightweight or otherwise. I never used to shoot much more than that with my 25 FP Eliminator, and that gave a much larger KZ...

For vermin, under field conditions with a 12FP springer, 35 yards max in .22, or 40 in .177
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

I use my AAs400f during the summer then switch to my hw99s over the winter,just gives each gun a rest.during summer i do lot of lying down sniping,to wet in autum/winter so just walk about woods in winter.still havent made mind up what to buy ha but it wont be a hw57

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    For vermin, under field conditions with a 12FP springer, 35 yards max in .22, or 40 in .177
    Very true, Jon...

77 or 57hw

Quote Originally Posted by gtpkeeper View Post
    the hw80 k in .22 nicely balanced and quiet,
    Hw 80 fits nicely between the weighty hw77 (virtualy identical to the 97k) and the light 95k, the 95k is probably the best for carrying around but my money went for the HW80k a real solid hunting work horse of a gun, a really accurate rifle once you have tamed the power output.
    mk2 rapid.22

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by keithy View Post

Hw 80 fits nicely between the weighty hw77 (virtualy identical to the 97k) and the light 95k, the 95k is probably the best for carrying around but my money went for the HW80k a real solid hunting work horse of a gun, a really accurate rifle once you have tamed the power output.
    Totally agree with you. In fact, once de-twanged, the HW80K has been my all time favourite break-barrel for field work/springer hunting since it's inception, but since getting my Walther Century (superb bit of weighty kit), it now has to share my field work/springer hunting break-barrel top slot (but due to it's lineage, the HW80K will always have a preferential place in my shooting soul ).

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitwrecker View Post
    Beats page after page of dodgy Gaystate problems...
    Yes... I've cream beats most things in my book
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.