Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hw77 or hw57 ??

Hw77 or hw57 ??

Fancy a new rifle.looking at hw77 and hw57 you lads know more than me so in your experiance which do you prefer ?,others i considered were tx200 and hw80 but both heavy.maybe hw77 and 57 are heavy ??,dunno what do yas think ?.rifles will be used for shooting vermin upto 50 yards.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    The 57 is an underlever format based around the Hw99, as such it's much lighter than the others mentioned. I would shoulder them and see how you feel.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    All depends upon what you want to use it for Rob ?
    Sounds as if the HW 77k would fit your bill nicely and I'd go for .22 cal. !
    “An airgun or two”………

I have a TX200 and I am thinking about purchasing an HW77 to use with open sights. One thing I would say about the TX is although heavy, the weight "intentionally" helps balance the recoil resulting in an amazingly accurate springer!!! Perfect for vermin

I've never owned a HW77, but I have owned a HW97k....it was heavy, on a par with the TX200 weight-wise. I've also owned a HW57, these are NOT heavy! Being honest the 97k is the better gun, but not as good as a TX (now I've done it!), but if I was going to buy a '57 or '77 it would be the '57. Much easier to haul about.
    HuMa regulated S200 .22...
    Artemis PP800 .177...
    Weihrauch HW45 .177

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    The 57 is not even half the rifle the other 3 are.
    Master Debater

Haha mixed bag of opinions here ha,ive had a hw97k loved it but i got tennis elbow and arthritis in my shoulder so i sold it.tx200 is a gun i always wanted but ill struggle lug that about all afternoon.what about hw80 is that same weight as tx 200 and hw97k ??.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    HW95k ?!
    Master Debater

Ive had a hw95k nice n light but wasnt very good out the box,nice gun but i sold it after couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by robhw97k View Post
    ,ive had a hw97k loved it but i got tennis elbow and arthritis in my shoulder so i sold it.tx200 is a gun i always wanted but ill struggle lug that about all afternoon.what about hw80 is that same weight as tx 200 and hw97k ??.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    HW95k ?!
    Exactly my thoughs, Murphy, taking into account the OP's observations above.

The 95 is lighter than the 97, 77, 80 and TX. A smooth operator and very accurate.

Rob, try and handle / try out as many as you can. But from what you've said, the 95 would be in pole position to my mind.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I'd go with the 57. The 77 lovely rifle - I've owned a couple in the past - but a real beast to lug around. As already mentioned, the 57 is basically an underlever 99s - light and handy - though you do really need to try both for size, see what suits best...

Ive had a hw95k nice n light but wasnt very good out the box,nice gun but i sold it after couple weeks.
    Oops, we must have been typing away at the same time there.

I'd say give one another chance. When you say that it wasn't very good out of the box, was it twangy? They're not always twangers. And if it was, it's a really, really easy thing to sort.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Yea it needed a tune up right out the box,honestly it really wasnt that good,that said the kid who i sold it to loves it so there ya go.ive got a hw99s in .177 now this was brill out the box,excellent full power nice and light not bad for recoil,for the money this is a class rifle £225 i paid 200 for mine cracking gun.think ill go to gunshop and shoulder all these rifles,i get 15% off next purchase so thats handy :-)

Although I have never felt a desperate need to add a 57 to my HW collection, Rob, I can see me getting one one day. They do feel lovely, as others have said, very reminiscent to the 99 in feel and heft.

I have no great experience of the rifle having just had a couple of brief tries with them. And they did feel nice. The pop-up port means you're expecting the pellet to "jump" from the port, like a tap loader. And I'd always prefer direct to breech loading for efficiency and "perceived accuracy" reasons. But many owners report excellent accuracy from them. Some have said that the loading gate sometimes needs a little fine fettling to get it just right.

As I say, I love my HWs and, although it wouldn't be my first choice, adding one to my existing collection will very much be a reality one day. They do look excellent value, too.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    It's a shame that is but as you said, the lad who had it off of you is happy. I always take one of my PCPs when I do vermin control on my permission but I now always pack a springer too - always my HW95k which I use regularly. It's light, very accurate and very quiet with little or no recoil since I fitted a TbT short-stroke kit - inexpensive and easy enough to fit. It was already good as standard mind. I do have a HW77k and a TX200, both of which I love but the 95 'in the field' is the perfect partner for me.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22