Thread: Which gun?? Advice needed

Which gun?? Advice needed

Being a newbie I need some advice, I've got the chance of getting either a HW80 or Webley Xocet XS. Both are around £150 and are 2nd hand. From what I can make out they are both 'good' guns, but as I'm a bit about what is best I thought I'd ask and see what the gurus thought of them.

Also, is it worth investing in a gas ram kit if I get the Webley?

Thanks for any help

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I would get the HW; trigger is superb, maintenance is easy, tuning parts very plentiful and can make it a low-recoil HFT gun or an 21 ft/lbs FAC, its a classic rifle you will want to keep. There's a Beeman R1 which is an 80 with a nicer stock on the for sale section for only £100, I'd get that if I was you.

The Webley is nice and light though! Maybe you should see which one fits you best.
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 11-09-2005 at 03:24 PM.

Most people would regard the Weihrauch as of much better quality, although it is heavy, and, apparently, not at its best at 12ft lbs, unless tuned.

For 15 quid more you could get a brand new HW 95, which is of similar bomb proof construction, much lighter and very highly regarded by members of this forum.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Ideot Savant Guest
    You could buy my Supersport. i have a near mint one in the forsale section with pictures, you could put a gas ram in it later on down the line.

Similar situation..
    Thinking of a S200, tried that and a S400 yesterday, 200 felt more comfortable to handle, also considering a webley raider..
    What should i be looking at for fun target shooting?

Murphwiz

murphwiz,whereabouts are you in hertfordshire? just out of curiousity really.My son bought a s200 a few months back and he loves it and i really enjoy shooting with it whilst he is at school (if he knew he would flip).The s200 is a cheaper alternative to the 4#0 and will not break the bank but will still do what you want any 12fpe rifle to do.
    First to go... last to know...RECCE.

[B]Logun S16-s .22

Thanks everyone

wow thanks for that, have to confess I was leaning towards the HW anyway as everyone keeps telling me they make great guns.

Cheers again

martin