Thread: Crosman 140

Crosman 140

Hi guys I've just come across one of these in a sorry state , I'm looking forward to doing a full restoration on it but I need a couple of bits , mainly the rear sight which I believes slides over the barrel , also seals as she lets a little wind out , secondly I wonder could anyone tell me a value on one of these in both worn condition and restored to as new standard ? Your time is greatly appreciated
    Many thanks nath

Hi Nath

Most of the seals for the valve are imperial O rings with the exception of the inlet valve and the exhaust valve.

The inlet valve is the same plastic one as is used in the current Crosman 1322/1377, but I just put a cross cut in the rear of the valve so that I can lap it in with a screwdriver using TCut, G3 etc.

The brass exhaust valve cup has an imperial quad seal inside it, rather than source one of these I simply use a metric O ring --- they're a bugger to fit.

For transfer port seals I use two O rings either side of the steel port.

I think that the pump head seal is available from the US but I convert them to use an O ring as well.

The rearsight is just formed out of a bent piece of steel with no windage adjustment so should be easy enough to reproduce.
    You could alternativly fit a scope using the Crosman pistol scope mounts, though you may find it best to use a pistol scope with these.

All the best Mick

Thanks very much Mick for taking the time to write that , most informative and extremely helpful , thanks buddy

All the best
    Nath

No problem, Nath.

I forgot to say --- you could use a custom flat topped O ring piston designed for a 1322/1377 if you extend it, some lend themselves better than others to this.

All the best Mick

I’ve got a 140 here if you need any specific pictures or parts sizes. Just let me know.
    NON SUFFICIT ORBIS

book

Might be of help, especially if interested in ordering parts from the US.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Crosman-Com.../dp/1499555008

you'll find JGairguns in the states have the parts you need
    just restored (still waiting on stock being returned to me)a 140 yhat I was given for spares once the black paint was removed I found it was a Dunnville model which pleased me
    the quad seal is a bs008 quad and whilst fiddly is not hard to do valve seals are bs111 and bs012 for the inner I also use an o ring ftp instead of the original parachute seal an without checking I can't remember the exhaust body outer seal and the probe seal is a bs007
    what you will find is that they are capable of going higher than our limit so for mine I have made blow off pistons like an innova/ace to keep max power down
    value would depend on condition and which variant earlier ones will be worth more but value is linked to someone wanting it -no matter what it's value is if no one wants it it's worthless
    not sure if link will work but there is some pics on my cheesebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/83825782966...type=3&theater

the 140 is a great gun, I had to make the tiny barrel up on my lathe for mine with the ti ey internal oring which was very hard but it's a great old pump up that I love. I also grafted a modern Crosman barrel on mine as mine was rusty inside the lands.

Atb
    Daniel
    Last edited by Dan944; 17-10-2017 at 10:00 AM.