Thread: Target gloves

Target gloves

What are the advantages /disadvantages of using a target glove?

It helps to isolate the gripping hand from your pulse and also provides additional support, particularly when taking standing and kneeling shots.
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

If you wear one on the other hand it makes a Theoben trigger feel more acceptable.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    If you wear one on the other hand it makes a Theoben trigger feel more acceptable.
    And also doubles as an oven glove when at home.
    Master Debater

I find the shooting glove makes resting your hand against a tree or post much easier and more comfortable .
    It was the single best thing that improved my shooting in hft .
    Before I was struggling in certain positions that force you to shoot touching the psst on the wrong side etc but with the glove on I find the glove will grip the tree or post so you have more hand to hold the rifle so less wobbles better shooting .
    Hope that all makes sense .

All depends on how well the stock of your rifle is figured to match your hand. If the grip is already chunky and well fitting you won't need the right hand one. The left one is useful to rest the rifle on as the good ones are really well chunky and padded out but it will also prevent any feedback from the rilfe . They are also usually very stiff for obvious reasons so you may actually find that you do not like them after having spent the best part of £60.00 on a single glove. Cheaper alternatives are also available.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by dayglowfroggy View Post
    I find the shooting glove makes resting your hand against a tree or post much easier and more comfortable .
    It was the single best thing that improved my shooting in hft .
    Before I was struggling in certain positions that force you to shoot touching the psst on the wrong side etc but with the glove on I find the glove will grip the tree or post so you have more hand to hold the rifle so less wobbles better shooting .
    Hope that all makes sense .
    This^^

A shooting glove is a primary item if shooting FT or HFT. Comfort and pulse removal being primary and scondary keeping your left hand warm when shooting in the winter. Hand warmer in the right hand pocket to keep the trigger finger toasty.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us