Thread: For the hardcore TX200 shooters

For the hardcore TX200 shooters

http://www.airrifleheadquarters.com/...5/10349751.htm

Mr. Maccari has made some stainless steel foreend brackets for the TX200. I just ordered a couple, thought I'd pass the word. Still have a couple tool steel cocking shoes stashed away. Good parts to have on hand.

Shoot well, shoot often

J

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPiston View Post
    http://www.airrifleheadquarters.com/...5/10349751.htm

Mr. Maccari has made some stainless steel foreend brackets for the TX200. I just ordered a couple, thought I'd pass the word. Still have a couple tool steel cocking shoes stashed away. Good parts to have on hand.

Shoot well, shoot often

J
    I didn't know that the TX had a problem with the forend bracket the same with the shoes although I have heard of the shoes braking but the JM shoes are to tight there is suppose to be a bit of play in this area.
    As far as I know no one else bothers making these parts so that should say something

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    I didn't know that the TX had a problem with the forend bracket the same with the shoes although I have heard of the shoes braking but the JM shoes are to tight there is suppose to be a bit of play in this area.
    As far as I know no one else bothers making these parts so that should say something
    I personally have seen the threads crossthreaded on foreend brackets of 2nd hand guns, as well as have one loosen up over time. I prefer STEEL over aluminium anyday. Anyways, just thought I'd pass the word.

I had this bracket break recently. It was a second hand gun so no idea how it had been treated. Get a but nervous about it now so might get one of these!

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    If one did break they are only £10 from Chambers.

So probably cheaper from your local gun shop.
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    as he is in the US ,their rifles are not running at 12ftlbs so possibly under more load ?

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    If one did break they are only £10 from Chambers.

So probably cheaper from your local gun shop.
    and postage to the US unless he can buy them off the shelf over there ?

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    never heard of one breaking or even wearing...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

I replaced mine this week, as it had cracked on one side of the central fixing screw.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    as he is in the US ,their rifles are not running at 12ftlbs so possibly under more load ?
    ^^^^

This. The export TX ( not detuned for the UK ) run at about 16~17 ft.lbs as standard.

A.G

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    ^^^^

This. The export TX ( not detuned for the UK ) run at about 16~17 ft.lbs as standard.

A.G
    The rifle is designed to run at this power.

It is detuned for UK.
    Master Debater

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPiston View Post
    I prefer STEEL over aluminium anyday. Anyways, just thought I'd pass the word.
    Yes thanks Johnny, and already there has been one to post in this thread that have had one break but new custom parts are always worth discussing.

Thinking about the steel shoe it would not break but would still be better if given a bit of play

Quote Originally Posted by nick-nic View Post
    I replaced mine this week, as it had cracked on one side of the central fixing screw.
    I've heard of this happening on one gun. I have managed to strip the threads, once, as well. As Johnny said, steel is always stronger than aluminum and us heavy handed folks need that extra insurance. Just one more thing to take the TX from bulletproof to bombproof.