Thread: FX Wildcat sling fitting

FX Wildcat sling fitting

I'm buying a synthetic stock FX Wildcat and will need to fix a sling so I've bought the FX front tube clamp with the stud in it but what's the best way of securing the sling to the rear of the stock? Ideally I don't want to drill the stock but if I have to then where's the best place to drill?

Any suggestions for a suitable sling would also be of help as I think a std one may not be ideal due to the Wildcat's short 30" length.

clunge is offline Buys suspicious amounts of hand sanitiser
    Countersink a captive T-nut the right size for a stud, about an inch or 2 back from the front of the stock on the inside. The clamp is not an optimal solution.

Wildcat sling.

I'd be concerned that a clamp would crush the fill port rotary cover which is probably not very well retained.
    The cover rotates so the sling swivel could rub against the barrel shroud.

I use a single point sling fastened with a Molle loop and no modifications to the stock.
    Not marked the stock in 18 months of regular use.
    It carries the weight and you can shoot without having to take it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegogg View Post
    I'm buying a synthetic stock FX Wildcat and will need to fix a sling so I've bought the FX front tube clamp with the stud in it but what's the best way of securing the sling to the rear of the stock? Ideally I don't want to drill the stock but if I have to then where's the best place to drill?

Any suggestions for a suitable sling would also be of help as I think a std one may not be ideal due to the Wildcat's short 30" length.
    https://custom-sling-plates.myshopify.com/ he is on eblag too . fx page here https://custom-sling-plates.myshopif...cts/fx-wildcat

sold out on there but he may not have updated the website.

or this with magazine holders https://smwengineering.co.uk/product...er-sling-mount
    Last edited by bighit; 15-10-2017 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    https://custom-sling-plates.myshopify.com/ he is on eblag too . fx page here https://custom-sling-plates.myshopif...cts/fx-wildcat

sold out on there but he may not have updated the website.

or this with magazine holders https://smwengineering.co.uk/product...er-sling-mount
    As said on a previous post, I'm going to stay away from the tube clamp and look at something else for my Wildcat.

Thanks for the slingplate link though as they look very good with the one for the HW100 a much better option that drilling the stock so I'm going to order one but the SMW 3D printed ones look garbage.

I've not seen a 3D printed airgun accessory that looks any good yet, hopefully as they get more popular they'll be able to improve the cosmetic appearance.

As said on a previous post, I'm going to stay away from the tube clamp and look at something else for my Wildcat.

Thanks for the slingplate link though as they look very good with the one for the HW100 a much better option that drilling the stock so I'm going to order one but the SMW 3D printed ones look garbage.

I've not seen a 3D printed airgun accessory that looks any good yet, hopefully as they get more popular they'll be able to improve the cosmetic appearance.
    the 3d printing stuff does look bad . i think its the way it prints it . its like a string and gets layered every time it goes round the item. like spaghetti

i had a camera holder for a NV add on made and it looks flimsy but is pretty strong . its the appearance that makes it look weak.
    i hope you find what your looking for .

wildcat sling

I use a viper three point sling on my wildcat it fits perfectly and fits most guns. about £11 off the bay. You can wear the gun as per the police at airports or down one side or across at 45 degrees etc.
    mk2 rapid.22

Quote Originally Posted by keithy View Post
    I use a viper three point sling on my wildcat it fits perfectly and fits most guns. about £11 off the bay. You can wear the gun as per the police at airports or down one side or across at 45 degrees etc.
    But how do you secure it?

Sling

But how do you secure it?
    One end wraps around the stock secured with a Velcro strap, the other end a loop goes around the scope mounting rail and a strap with buckle goes around same rail but between the scope clamps. I would post pics but photo bucket is U/S. I have a .177 wildcat review with pics on the other forum. My other wildcat has studs screwed into the stock.
    mk2 rapid.22

Quote Originally Posted by keithy View Post
    One end wraps around the stock secured with a Velcro strap, the other end a loop goes around the scope mounting rail and a strap with buckle goes around same rail but between the scope clamps. I would post pics but photo bucket is U/S. I have a .177 wildcat review with pics on the other forum. My other wildcat has studs screwed into the stock.
    Thanks I've just found and read your review. Mine arrived today and I've just had time to have a good look at it and try a few pellets in the garden and it looks and feels spot on but both scopes and mounts i tried on it weren't any good as the scope sat too low so i'm going to have to order some high mounts which I hope will give me a better cheeck weld.

Sling

Thanks I've just found and read your review. Mine arrived today and I've just had time to have a good look at it and try a few pellets in the garden and it looks and feels spot on but both scopes and mounts i tried on it weren't any good as the scope sat too low so i'm going to have to order some high mounts which I hope will give me a better cheeck weld.
    High mounts are what you need.
    mk2 rapid.22