Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mail slams vigilante airgunners

O I thought you were referring to the airguns in the article.
    Ok yes I've read and responded to the proposals to ban .50 cals, MARS as well as restrict knife sales. Not sure that's the driver for this sorry excuse of an article though. These so called "journalists" spout this sort of carp all year round about multiple different topics.
    Danny
    My collection = Ratworks BSA Scorpion T-10 .177, HW100KS .177 (tweaked by me), PP750, Crosman 1322 and 1377

Two similar threads merged

Some posts above edited for clarity.
    Last edited by Rickenbacker; 15-10-2017 at 03:31 PM.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by danco1987 View Post

I don't know, there's a fair few comments calling the article out for what it is - a complete pile of DM s**t!
    Well countered, and well said.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    What the Hell is an extremely high calibre rifle?

Utter morons!

Edit: It must be a 2.2

From the Mail only Extreme High Caliber Morons. I wonder if our ever diplomatic Terry would like to drop them a line because my language will not be acceptable.

A.G

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-Anglesey.html

The same Daily Mail that two days before was reporting about the squirrel pox been transported to Anglesey by grey squirrels and wiping out the indigenous reds

The worst part, if its true what I've read is that the writer is a hunter who has a grudge against Si Pittaway!

Thumbs up

That article has inspired me

I'm off work on Wednesday - I'm going to head down the woods and shoot a few squirrels for some squirrel and bacon pasties - I reckon 4 will do.

My colleagues at work have really become interested in the things that I take in for them to try. None of them are hunters but, they all like to hear about where it's come from while they have a taste.

All of the above.

The mail becomes more liberal every day.

IIT always supports the useless wet tories, and is one the most anti_gun rags in Britain.

It probably only sells well because of it's regular coverage of tht kardashians and other c list celebrities that most of us have never heard of.

It is all arse and cleavage.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

the reporter of the vigilante story is my wifes friends son scott campbell. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/journalists/scott-campbell/ im sure he writes for a few newspapers.

Quote Originally Posted by pumpygun View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-Anglesey.html

The same Daily Mail that two days before was reporting about the squirrel pox been transported to Anglesey by grey squirrels and wiping out the indigenous reds

The worst part, if its true what I've read is that the writer is a hunter who has a grudge against Si Pittaway!
    The pratt who wrote the article is probably one of these so called FAC holders who can not come to terms with the fact that unassuming guys with sub 12ft.lbs air rifles are actually much more effective in getting rid of these vermins than all those fancy 300+ ft.lbs guns. I am not for one moment suggesting that those who hold FACs are pratts but we have all seen the odd idiot who think s because he holds an FAC he is a superior being. I recall the exchange that I had with one of these guys on a hunting froum a couple years ago where he had suggested that hunting pests and vermins with sub 12 ft.lbs air rifle should have been be banned. Lets face it the chap does write for the Mail after all.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    The pratt who wrote the article is probably one of these so called FAC holders who can not come to terms with the fact that unassuming guys with sub 12ft.lbs air rifles are actually much more effective in getting rid of these vermins than all those fancy 300+ ft.lbs guns. I am not for one moment suggesting that those who hold FACs are pratts but we have all seen the odd idiot who think s because he holds an FAC he is a superior being. I recall the exchange that I had with one of these guys on a hunting froum a couple years ago where he had suggested that hunting pests and vermins with sub 12 ft.lbs air rifle should have been be banned. Lets face it the chap does write for the Mail after all.

A.G
    im pretty sure scott campbell the reporter does not own an Fac . as i said above ,i know his mother and sister and the only gun i know he has is a m4 bb rifle . i may ask my wife to ask his mum if he has and FAC

Quote Originally Posted by danco1987 View Post
    O I thought you were referring to the airguns in the article.
    Ok yes I've read and responded to the proposals to ban .50 cals, MARS as well as restrict knife sales. Not sure that's the driver for this sorry excuse of an article though. These so called "journalists" spout this sort of carp all year round about multiple different topics.
    Fair play mate. There is a whole bunch of legislation on its way, whipped up by the press, that will have no effect on criminals, but considerable effect on responsible shooters, collectors etc. There is an umbilical connection between gutter journalists and politicians on such issues. Anyone who thinks the sport (or knife collection etc) is safe with any of the major parties is a bona fide moron. This is all about passing "tough" new laws to please the press and garner a few votes back...at the expense of a "minority" hobby/pastime.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    the reporter of the vigilante story is my wifes friends son scott campbell. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/journalists/scott-campbell/ im sure he writes for a few newspapers.
    Any chance of giving Mr Campbell my email - terry.doe@archant.co.uk - details, BH? I could give him a far better informed take on the grey squirrel problem - if that's what he wants, of course.

Meanwhile, I have contacted the DM and 'registered my concerns', but whips and dead horses comes to mind. Please do the same, everyone, in a polite, calm and responsible way, of course. That article is disgraceful, even by the Mail's lamentable standards.
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge

Quote Originally Posted by short-carabine View Post
    Fair play mate. There is a whole bunch of legislation on its way ...
    Have you any reliable details on this, Shorters old chap? Forewarned is forearmed and all that, but we need accurate info.
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    Any chance of giving Mr Campbell my email - terry.doe@archant.co.uk - details, BH? I could give him a far better informed take on the grey squirrel problem - if that's what he wants, of course.

Meanwhile, I have contacted the DM and 'registered my concerns', but whips and dead horses comes to mind. Please do the same, everyone, in a polite, calm and responsible way, of course. That article is disgraceful, even by the Mail's lamentable standards.
    see what i can do Terry . he was up visiting his mother recently . not sure if he still is up . he lives in a shared accommodation in london so im not sure if he would be allowed an FAC in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    Have you any reliable details on this, Shorters old chap? Forewarned is forearmed and all that, but we need accurate info.
    Only what is "proposed", Terry. I know what you mean, and am not trying to scaremonger by any means, but the proposed restriction on knife sales and proposed redefinition (unspecified) of what constitutes a flick knife, coupled with the proposed restriction on private ownership of items formerly only restricted for import, manufacture, sale etc plus the proposed move to Sec 5 for .50 and "certain other rapid fire rifles" (unspecified) does lead one to believe that further legal restrictions that will not affect crime one iota are in the pipeline. Surely, by now, we know how this works?