Thread: Tinbum Tuned HW30S

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Tinbum Tuned HW30S

Just been out with my HW30S, lightly polished guts, de-galled and fitted with the tinbum guide kit.

It is a truly sweet-shooting rifle, feels like something that has had a 'proper' custom shop work it over. Extremely smooth to cock and no buzz, twang or bark on discharge.

Super-accurate with a Beeman Sport aperture sight. If power is not an issue, then it's the perfick shootin' iron.
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 15-10-2017 at 04:16 PM.

sounds good mate

Tinbumbed and degalled my '30s too (& a Macarri Spring) and agreed, lovely little shooter and my go to plinker! Had it set up with Williams peep sight, but now with an Airmax 2-7x32, super accurate groups at 30m with AA Diabolo Express 7.9gr.

Bought a CS500 roughed out/ blank stock for an HW99 which I reduced in size, inletted and finished for the '30s. A little heavier than before, but perfect grip position and comb height, and works brilliantly with the scope.
    Last edited by Andy40S&W; 15-10-2017 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Just been out with my HW30S, lightly polished guts, de-galled and fitted with the tinbum guide kit.

It is a truly sweet-shooting rifle, feels like something that has had a 'proper' custom shop work it over. Extremely smooth to cock and no buzz, twang or bark on discharge.

Super-accurate with a Beeman Sport aperture sight. If power is not an issue, then it's the perfick shootin' iron.
    Lovely, Al.

They really are such a sweet shooting and accurate little rifle. Everyone should have one for uses where "full legal power" is not a requirement. With just a light fettle they shoot, like you say, like a mega-refined custom tuning house rifle.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Please don't! I'm trying to reduce the number of rifles in the house.

My Eagle will have to do for low powered garden targets
    God rest ye jelly mental men

I went the whole 8 yards with mine,polish,new titan XS spring,dressed and lubed.
    Then i got a full length shroud.silencer made from a guy on a facebook group.
    Had the pistol grip carved by some kind lady "darn sarf",and fitted a brass trigger surround.
    Topped off with a Tasco AG 4x40,its perfect at short range for Pigeon and Rats.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/7192...21379/?fref=ts Rapid 7,HW100kt .177,Theoben Fenman, BSA Goldstar,Daystate HW30S shrouded and tuned, HW99S (Paul Short tuned)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    They really are such a sweet shooting and accurate little rifle. Everyone should have one for uses where "full legal power" is not a requirement. With just a light fettle they shoot, like you say, like a mega-refined custom tuning house rifle.
    Exactly that, Tone....

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post

Ahwwwww, you don't know what your missing, go get yourself a HW 30s and join the fun.

atb

Bri

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post

To be sure a low-power self-shucking gas gun is a fine plinker in a 'Machine Gun Kelly' sort of way, I know as I have a Brno B96 (the Drulov's ugly but more intelligent Czech cousin).

The HW30S has an effortless elegance all of its own. Power aside, it is the most satisfying springer to shoot for pure precision plinking pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    The HW30S has an effortless elegance all of its own. Power aside, it is the most satisfying springer to shoot for pure precision plinking pleasure.
    I'd click the like button if there was one...