Thread: Help choosin pellets for my Tau 7 please

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I built a bench rest for sighting in when I still had my fwb100.
    https://goo.gl/photos/w6LetmycHe1kLN6E7
    I put a beanbag under the grip when sighting in.. obviously as I had to remove the pistol to cock it, it wasn't perfect, still, using it, I could dial right in on the 10 and the pistol proved it could do one hole groups if I could (which I couldn't 😂! )

I made it from a board of ash and only took about an hour or so to make. The leather was from an old jacket.

You could make something like this to see which pellets are most accurate.

I used r10 and meisterkugeln but preffered the r10. Like Phatman pointed out - it's not a huge difference in cost per session and I just felt that I shot better with r10. Whether that was scientific or all in my head, nobody will know.

I would buy a few kinds and shoot shoot shoot... it will quickly become apparent what suits.
    Donald

JSB Rifle match(yellow). I believe in 4.51. Thats favorite of both my Tau 7 Match and Silhouet.
    For my Tau 7 Jr, its JSB Pistol 4.49 (=green)
    RWS, H&N...waiste of time/money. All were outshot by JSB.
    Havent tried JSB S100 yet in the Tau 7s
    My Tau mk8 only grouped with Qichuan or what are they called. Some chinese matchpellet.
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    I built a bench rest for sighting in when I still had my fwb100.
    https://goo.gl/photos/w6LetmycHe1kLN6E7
    I put a beanbag under the grip when sighting in.. obviously as I had to remove the pistol to cock it, it wasn't perfect, still, using it, I could dial right in on the 10 and the pistol proved it could do one hole groups if I could (which I couldn't 😂! )

I made it from a board of ash and only took about an hour or so to make. The leather was from an old jacket.

You could make something like this to see which pellets are most accurate.

I used r10 and meisterkugeln but preffered the r10. Like Phatman pointed out - it's not a huge difference in cost per session and I just felt that I shot better with r10. Whether that was scientific or all in my head, nobody will know.

I would buy a few kinds and shoot shoot shoot... it will quickly become apparent what suits.
    Hi Donld.
    Thanks for your post and photos that's a handsome pistol clamp I bet it works a dream I'm getting my carpenter friend to make me one he doesn't know it yet but it would benifit both of us .
    He pop over last night with is chronograph my tau7
    Over a shot string of 10 using R10 pellets was between 473 and 483 5 of the shots were 475 he said he thought that was pritty good for a c02 would you say it was or do I need to adjust her up or down??

Taken on board pellet information I do have some R10 left about half tin so I've sent away for JSB green
    Tin I also have a few jsb express but they are round heads so lots to do over the week end
    Thanks for posting
    From frank
    Ex Royal Navy Retired have fun while it lasts."I Do"
    B.S.A.R Member

Thankyou to every one who as replied to my post.
    Apologies to any one I've not replied to but I have read all of them more then once.
    I'm going to try to do a pellet test over the weekend will let you all know what happens earlie next week
    Once again thanks to one and all
    From Frank
    Ex Royal Navy Retired have fun while it lasts."I Do"
    B.S.A.R Member

BigEars Guest
    Hobbys aren't pricey and quite clean pellets. I wouldn't worry about pellets too much. I don't think they're the biggest variable for the average shooter.

I don't intend to worry about them until the day I score 540/600. Which will probably be never.