Thread: BSA ultra jsr (kids version )why only 6ftps also anyone tried it?

BSA ultra jsr (kids version )why only 6ftps also anyone tried it?

I don't get the power yes on a kids springer its easier to cock and less recoil but surly a kids PCP is to get them started in hft or hunting and with no recoil anyway why 6ftps.?
    It is not less dangerous you would still need the same safety rules etc.
    Or I assume its very easy to wack it up to proper power.
    I am interested for my son also is the stock really all that much smaller ?
    I have a scorpion I could drop into that stock if I could find one .

No idea, this is one review whom states a few points

http://bsaguns.co.uk/air-rifles/pcp-...Ultra-jsr.aspx

http://www.gunmart.net/gun-reviews/a.../bsa-ultra-jsr

For at last we have a properly scaled down stock that juniors can handle with ease, and whilst the action is identical in appearance to the standard Ultra, BSA have cleverly opted for reduced energy levels, down to 6ft/lbs. This has multiple benefits. Firstly, with slightly less stress on the trigger, final settings can be more sensitive. Lower power means this gun can be used in more confined areas with less noise generated in the process. Beginners and juniors just don’t need full power in any case, and finally, low power in a pneumatic equates to far more shots per charge. Blimey, this Ultra JSR is quite a good idea!

"BSA ultra jsr (kids version )why only 6ftps also anyone tried it?" Sign of things to come?

A.G

As a junior rifle it's obviously intended to teach youngsters to shoot, and teaching will most likely be done in the back garden or in the controlled environment of a range at fairly close ranges, 10-25yds or so, so that the said youngster has a chance to regularly hit the targets.
    To me 6fpe seems correct for such a rifle
    HFT &/or hunting would only follow once older & a more capable shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    "BSA ultra jsr (kids version )why only 6ftps also anyone tried it?" Sign of things to come?

A.G
    I don't think this is a sign of things to come. If you want a full power ultra buy the adult version. BSA have created a junior rifle for which they must believe there is a niche/market. They also appear to be marketing it at a good price so I suspect they are hoping to foster a new generation of loyal BSA buyers as much as hoping to make a profit. They will also have made it different enough not to steal sales from their existing line up.

If you (OP) fancy a junior stock to try on your full power BSA give them a call to see if they will sell you one. If they do please don't expect it to be peanuts. If they don't see if you can pick up a battered adult stock to mod.
    Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Mm mm mm think I will be after one of these in a, year, or two my son is, only five and his, sister is, only two so it would, get plenty of use and then get passed down to her when he can handle a larger gun .

In the mean time I will look out for a used stock when they start to show up as people sell to buy a larger stock .

It all seams like a good idea to me .
    Last edited by dayglowfroggy; 16-10-2017 at 05:07 PM.

I don't recall the distance from grip to trigger being long on my MMC ultra, I will dig it out of the cabinet and check for you.

Yep just checked and only a short trigger pull on my early Ultra. So such a stock might only need a bit off the butt to be suitable.
    Last edited by averageplinker; 16-10-2017 at 05:09 PM.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Cool

Reading the article it says the, whole stock is scaled down .
    I would be very tempted to get one sooner than needed then I could do all the pellet testing and set up etc.

These could be the PCP hw30 ��