Thread: Here's an idea re; trade ins

Here's an idea re; trade ins

Firstly I'm not taking the credit for this as it wasn't my idea .
    On returning from the Airgun fair at the weekend my mate and I had a conversation regarding buying 2nd hand guns .
    Wouldn't it be a good idea , he said , if when trading a rifle in the previous owner attached a little note , sticker , piece of masking tape or similar saying what the rifles preferred pellet was .
    That way the new owner wouldn't have to do the usual thing of taking several tins of different pellets to the range to find out .
    Yes , sure the gunshops would lose out on us buying lots of pellets we didn't need , but then we could buy lots of pellets that we did need .
    What a great way to help each other out , especially new inexperienced shooters .
    I know there's sample packs available to try but if someone has already done the hard work for you , why not share the info ?
    A little note saying JSB exacts in 4.52 , or air arms diablo 4.51 , wouldn't be too hard would it ?

In my experience they might as, well put that same sticker on most guns or at least anything out of the Jsb factory.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Not a bad idear as you say it would save time and money for the new owner.

great idea

I'm not sure about this, doesn't the same gun often prefer a different pellet when it has a different shooter? A different hold can affect the gun position at pellet exit point, and thus pellet performance?

Quote Originally Posted by Vernal View Post
    I'm not sure about this, doesn't the same gun often prefer a different pellet when it has a different shooter? A different hold can affect the gun position at pellet exit point, and thus pellet performance?
    Never heard of that one .
    It's usually the barrel that decides .

Every gun I've ever sold/traded in I've told the buyer which pellet/bullet it prefers .

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    That spoils the fun of owning a new rifle!!
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    That spoils the fun of owning a new rifle!!
    Agree.

The vain hope of finding the Holy Grail of air rifles which can one hole, while standing, at 50 yards. The fitting of your favourite and trusted scope. The practiced mounting to your shoulder in the privacy of your home. Aaaah - the joys.

Then the realisation and disappointment when you first shoot it is subdued by the hope that you may have got the wrong pellets. Hence the testing and slowly reduced back to reality.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I suppose it's assuming the previous owner new what he was doing and it really was the best pellet for the gun.
    Someone said house work wont kill you, but I say 'why take that chance'
    www.airgunshooter.co.uk

Fair point , I'd probably end up with one that said " loves pointed pellets for dustbins ! "

a good idea