Very well made pistol.
    Feels and looks the money.
    Very accurate and usually trouble free.
    Ideal for indoor target shooting.

Negatives are
    Bit big.
    Low power but so are many ssp pistols.
    Expensive.
    4 steps to carry out before you can fire it.
    It's not a 'real' target pistol - not my words but seen on here.

But I would rate it above many ssp pistols.

I prefer the 45s as I'm a real man -so I sold my 75.
    But then I bought another 75

I agree with Gingernut

The HW75 is an excellent pistol, yes it could do with a bit more power, but for accurate plinking it is ideal
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Personally, it's just a huge compromise that does nothing particularly well. Grips are not match by any stretch, so difficult to shoot single handed. Gun is light, so hard to keep steady. I can get better groups with my 45 (shot 2 handed) than my 75 single handed - unfair comparison? No, it's the way they are meant to be fired, and if I say so myself, I am not a half bad shot single handed with a whopping great .44 black powder gun so it's not the number of hands that is the issue.

At least the 45 has the power. If I want a match pistol I will buy a match pistol, if a powerful springer, the 45. Not sure it's worth making up proper grips and adding weight forwards to the 75.

End of the day it's just a plinker, at least a 45 gives far more satisfaction in that role.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Quote Originally Posted by clive s 400 View Post
    looking for info on the hw 75
    has anyone had one -are they any good thinking of getting one thanks clive
    Better off with an HW 40. Plastic it may be but is quality SSP and very accurate for 10 meter target practice. Does the same job as the 75 but at a fraction of the price. Cocking these is a real royal pain though but no worse than any other SSP pistol.

A.G

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia

Hw75

It is kind of an inbetween gun.

Easier to cock than the HW40, and longer, so a longer sight base, and a bit more accurate. But a lot more expensive.
    Much less power and less fun than the 45, but a fair bit more accurate, and a fair bit more expensive.

I have all three 40, 45, 75. The only one I've considered selling is the 75.. but then I shoot it, and I keep it
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

thanks

looks like I stick to a 45 then all the info is kindly recived thanks

I also have the 40, 2 x 45's and the 75. To be honest they all have their benefits. I love the 45's for the plinking fun and destruction but for finesse and accuracy you cant beat the 75 and 40. Definitely personal choice. If in doubt, buy them all

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    I also have the 40, 2 x 45's and the 75. To be honest they all have their benefits. I love the 45's for the plinking fun and destruction but for finesse and accuracy you cant beat the 75 and 40. Definitely personal choice. If in doubt, buy them all
    ...as a long time 75 user something a little odd went on with the gun...
    I bought an original at the time of the release which was very good. The 75 of that time actually manged the sometimes quoted 440 fps....for the record mine ran 432 fps which i considered close enough for the sales literature to have some semblance of truth...but it aint for 15 years since ...
    Mid period...2000 until recently no one was able to get a 75 even close to 400 fps...most off the shelf running about 350 at best ...i dabbled with optimising the mechanism but struggled ....a variety of ideas bringing small gains here and there but not much...
    Recently the thing is back on song....a write in Airgun shooter had one doing 402 fps ...and a new one at my club hitting 410 fps ....
    I think i have the reason if anyone interested ...

As regard being a good tool ...it aint bad....these barrel over cylinder jobbies like the 45 always seem too top heavy after shooting my Walthers but i spose if you havent shot anything else of quality they aint too bad...
    Trigger is oustanding, far better than the 45 and edging a 40...
    Its nice to have a metal gun ....over all this plastic stuff which annoys me ....
    Theres a slight dwell of the hammer strike on the valve but i actually liked the feel of the hammer strike then fire ....it felt more functional than just a simple crack...
    My take!
    Last edited by clarky; 17-10-2017 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky View Post
    ...as a long time 75 user something a little odd went on with the gun...
    I bought an original at the time of the release which was very good. The 75 of that time actually manged the sometimes quoted 440 fps....for the record mine ran 432 fps which i considered close enough for the sales literature to have some semblance of truth...but it aint for 15 years since ...
    Mid period...2000 until recently no one was able to get a 75 even close to 400 fps...most off the shelf running about 350 at best ...i dabbled with optimising the mechanism but struggled ....a variety of ideas bringing small gains here and there but not much...
    Recently the thing is back on song....a write in Airgun shooter had one doing 402 fps ...and a new one at my club hitting 410 fps ....
    I think i have the reason if anyone interested ...

As regard being a good tool ...it aint bad....these barrel over cylinder jobbies like the 45 always seem too top heavy after shooting my Walthers but i spose if you havent shot anything else of quality they aint too bad...
    Trigger is oustanding, far better than the 45 and edging a 40...
    Its nice to have a metal gun ....over all this plastic stuff which annoys me ....
    Theres a slight dwell of the hammer strike on the valve but i actually liked the feel of the hammer strike then fire ....it felt more functional than just a simple crack...
    My take!
    Funnily enough mine is only 5 weeks old and I felt it was slightly under powered, not that it matters because I use it for indoor target shooting. However I emailed Weihrauch yesterday and this is there reply:

Dear Mr. Bradford,

we refer to your e-mail of 16.10.2017 and we have read with interest that you own some of our models.

If it's the same caliber it should have the approximately same power level.

If the HW 75 is brand new you should shoot 500-1000 shots before the pistol reach the full power level.

But whenever you're not satisfied please feel free to contact your Weihrauch dealer.

Best regards

Thilo Schallenkammer

Hmm

To some extent any seal will have a bit of a seating in period and excess emoilents venting out but this new one of yours could have been in the shop some period of time....and may not be brand new from the factory.
    They rarely shift like hotcakes due to the cost and low power and any gun purchased now could easily be a year old...
    Something more has happened with the new ones i can tell you ..
    I believe i know what but i got to prove it before putting on main board.....my friend with the new specimen reluctant to let me strip it ..so it will have to wait for now but PM and ill give you a hint .