Thread: Help, Prosport won't cock

Help, Prosport won't cock

Hi Folks,

Stripped my Prosport down as done before with no problems but now back together it just won't cock. It compresses the spring but won't engage the trigger so I have to undo the bolt holding the trigger block into the action whilst holding the gun down to release the spring tension (wrapped in a towel to prevent injury). The under lever during the problem coking also will not click home as before and appears to be under some spring tension preventing it from clicking into its closed position.

What am I doing wrong or have I broken something? It's really doing my head in now.

Any help greatly appreciated guys

Many thanks

Roger

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    First off, there is an anti beartrap release button under the lever. Depressing this and allowing the lever back will save injury stripping a compressed spring!

Did you change anything while it was apart?
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Hi Nick and tks for that tip

No I haven't changed anything. The whole action works and Cocks and fires without the spring but as soon as the spring is in it won't cock? Bloody weird, never done this before

Quote Originally Posted by rlancast View Post
    Hi Nick and tks for that tip

No I haven't changed anything. The whole action works and Cocks and fires without the spring but as soon as the spring is in it won't cock? Bloody weird, never done this before
    It is wierd!? If you had changed a top hat or added a washer it would be simple, but all I think of in this case is a trigger fault? Do you have a shorter spring to test, or use that one without the top hat just to see if it cocks.

Hi Nick,

Don't believe it, just done it again and it's worked fine, now completely stumped!

Thanks for your help matey

Quote Originally Posted by rlancast View Post
    Hi Nick,

Don't believe it, just done it again and it's worked fine, now completely stumped!

Thanks for your help matey

No worries. You have my number, next time ring first!

Cheers Nick, will do ☺

You probably didnt cock it fully.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Growler might be right in that you didn't pull the lever far back enough to get the 'double-crunch' of the ABT and then the sear locking in.

However, make sure you have checked the tightness and integrity of the bolt that affixes the cocking lever to the compression cylinder.

On one ProSport I repaired for a friend, this bolt had worked loose, stretched and finally allowed only the ATB to engage, which meant when the main cocking lever was returned to battery the gun fired and smashed the lever into the fore-end, breaking the stock.

The bolt hole should be degreased and a bolt in good condition screwed into it with some thread-lock.

You engage the trigger sear before putting the trigger unit back in. When its installed it needs the trigger pulling before cocking or it wont catch. Very likely when you tried it wouldnt cock then you pulled the trigger, then cocked it again and it works.
    Easy to forget
    B.A.S.C. member