Thread: Taking an fac airgun off ticket

Taking an fac airgun off ticket

Hi there

I'd love to take my fac airgun off ticket, as im not renewing my fac but want to keep my beloved old airgun.

West Yorkshire firearms don't allow it but I hear other's do?

I could send it via rfd transfer to a place that could do it (if anywhere could do it of course)

Any advice would be great!

Thank you

as you have stated above . some forces did let you remove them from FAC but i think most that did no longer let you . you could say its sentimental reasons and see what they say ,you may get lucky.

what rifle is it?

some rifles have the serial number only on the barrels if a break barrel rifle so it MAY be possible to detune and change the barrel. possibly hand the FAC barrel in ?

and if PCP you may be able to change the block as in a theoben rapid and hand in the FAC rated one .

only your firearm office will be able to confirm this.

re

Im sure once its on it can never be removed from FAC

It's an rws excalibure. Had it many years. I spoke to my rfd and they dont do it but I was told some forces and rfd,'s will do it but I don't know who! It's a shame if it can't be done anymore.

Bit tricky as an individual, you need to ask your force to take it off your certificate.

An RFD somewhere else could detune it but your force could still refuse to remove it from your certificate

Its awkward unless its owned by an RFD business
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

At the moment it's on commission sale and is under rfd ownership so i was wondering if I could organise it to be shipped by them to a suitable rfd so it could be removed. I understand there would be a few fees to pay.

ticket

Basic rule is.... Rifle manufactured as fac must always stay as fac. Rifle that is sub 12 and then tuned to put on ticket can be returned to sub 12.
    You don't say what rifle but you can replace the part with the serial number with a sub fac part and have the piece you remove with the serial number either legally destroyed, sold to rfd or anyone with the relevant slot on their ticket or even retained on ticket if you so wish, Your rfd will point you in the right direction for it to be destroyed if that's your option
    Ie, If it was a theoben rapid 7 made as fac for instance then the block with the numbers would have to be changed and the block that is fac would be held on ticket or as above sold, destroyed, Etc. Send DM80 a message and he will explain it better for you. Col.

I know N Wales police were allowing it a couple years ago